Alternative Payment Solution: Paym
Paym is a UK-based mobile payment solution, launched in April 2014. The service enables fund transfers between bank customers using mobile phones. The Payments Council was initially responsible for supporting the launch of Paym, which is now run by Mobile Payments Service Company Ltd (MPSCo). Paym is an addition to the mobile banking app provided by banks and building societies.
Transfers using Paym can be made through a bank or building society’s app, once a user has registered their mobile phone number with their current account. The speed and security of money transfers using Paym are the same as for online transfers, as Paym uses the Faster Payments infrastructure.
The report provides information and insights into alternative payment solution Paym, including:
- Detailed insight into its business overview and its products and services
- Comparative assessment with key alternative payment competitors
- Information on its financial performance and its users' profile
- The company's important events and milestones
Reasons To Buy
- This report provides a comprehensive overview of alternative payment solution Paym, including its operations, history and performance highlights.
- It provides an overview of products and services offered, and explanations on how they work.
- It provides details of consumer analysis, usage analysis and benefits of using Paym.
- Gain insights into Paym's business operations and history milestones.
- Gain insights into its product offerings and how they work.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the alternative payments industry by comparing its performance against competitors.
- Launched in April 2014, Paym enables fund transfers between bank customers using mobile phones.
- As of February 2016, 3.2 million users had registered for Paym. The service is regularly used among relatives, in particular by close family members.
- Data collected during the first half of 2015 shows Paym use peaking at lunch and dinner times, with Friday having the highest frequency of Paym transactions.
- Company Overview
- History Milestones
- Comparative Analysis
- Performance Highlights
- Products and Services
- How Does Paym Work?
- Paym Users’ Profile
- Consumer Analysis
- Usage Analysis
- Attitude of Paym Users Towards Lending Money
- Benefits of Using Paym