Alternative Payment Solution: PayPal
PayPal is the second-largest alternative payments service provider globally, after Alipay, in terms of transaction value. It enables digital payments and offers acceptance solutions for consumers and merchants. The company specializes in online payments, mobile and e-commerce, fund transfers, payment processing, payment security and monetization services for developers.
It has expanded its capability in the payments and money transfer businesses with the acquisitions of Zong, Paydiant, CyActive, Modest, Braintree and Xoom. The platform supports access to money on multiple devices, including smartphones and tablets, personal computers and wearables.
It is a global company, and is particularly active in the US, the UK, Germany, Australia and New Zealand. Following its spinoff from eBay in July 2015, PayPal now operates as an independent publicly traded company.
The report provides information and insights into alternative payment solution PayPal, including:
- Detailed insight into its business and geographical presence
- Comprehensive coverage of its products and services
- Comparative assessment with key alternative payment competitors
- Information on its performance, including its revenue model
- The company's important events and milestones
Reasons To Buy
- This report provides a comprehensive overview of alternative payment solution PayPal, including its operations, history and geographical presence.
- It provides an overview of products and services offered, and explanations on how they work.
- It provides details of financial performance, including revenue models.
- Gain insights into PayPal's business operations, geographical presence and key events.
- Gain insights into its product portfolio and revenue model.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the alternative payments industry by comparing its performance against competitors.
- In June 2016, PayPal announced suspension of its operations in Turkey after the country's financial regulators rejected its license applications.
- PayPal in November 2015 acquired online money transfer and remittance provider Xoom Corporation for approximately US$890 million net in cash.
- In April 2015, PayPal acquired mobile payment company Paydiant. Its platform allows PayPal to offer merchant partners their own branded wallets and use mobile payment technology including QR codes and NFC.
- Company Overview
- Geographical Presence
- History Milestones
- Key Acquisitions
- Comparative Assessment with Key Alternative Payment Competitors
- Performance Highlights
- Revenue Models
- Products and Services
- Latest Significant Events