Alternative Payment Solution: Klarna
Klarna is a Swedish third-party payment service provider and is active in 18 markets across Europe and the US.
The company offers credit for e-commerce purchases, which is then redeemed through invoices, payment cards and bank transfers within 14 days. Since its establishment in 2005, the company has been constantly expanding its market presence. It now serves 45 million customers and works with 65,000 merchants in 18 markets in Europe and the US.
Notable international clients include Spotify, Samsung, Disney, Asos, Fitnessguru, Adlibris and Wish. Klarna acquired German payment service provider Sofort in 2014, turning it into one of the largest payment service providers for European e-commerce. The companies operate under their separate brands.
The report provides information and insights into alternative payment solution Klarna, including:
- Detailed insight into its business and geographical presence
- Comprehensive coverage of its products and services
- Comparative assessment with key alternative payment competitors
- Information on its performance, including its revenue model
- The company's important events and milestones
Reasons To Buy
- This report provides a comprehensive overview of alternative payment solution Klarna, including its operations, history and geographical presence.
- It provides an overview of products and services offered, and explanations on how they work.
- It provides details of financial performance, including revenue models.
- Gain insights into Klarna's business operations, geographical presence and key events.
- Gain insights into its product portfolio and revenue model.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the alternative payments industry by comparing its performance against competitors.
- Klarna AB (Klarna) is a Swedish third-party payment service provider and is active in 18 markets across Europe and the US. As of July 2016, Klarna is used by 45 million customers and 65,000 merchants in 18 countries.
- In March 2014, Klarna acquired German payment service provider Sofort, turning it into one of the largest payment service providers for European e-commerce. The companies operate under their separate brands.
- In May 2011, Klarna acquired risk management and fraud prevention company Analyzd, which operates in Israel, the US and the EU. The acquisition allows Klarna to improve protection against attacks and fraud.
- Company Overview
- Geographical Presence
- History Milestones
- Key Acquisitions
- Comparative Assessment with Key Alternative Payment Competitors
- Performance Highlights
- Revenue Models
- Products and Services
- Latest Significant Events