AUWSA – Arusha Water And Sewage Treatment Network Expansion – Arusha - Project Profile
"AUWSA – Arusha Water And Sewage Treatment Network Expansion – Arusha - Project Profile" contains information on the scope of the project including project overview and location. The profile also details project ownership and funding, gives a full project description, as well as information on contracts, tendering and key project contacts.
The "AUWSA – Arusha Water And Sewage Treatment Network Expansion – Arusha - Project Profile" is part of Timetric's database of 82,000+ construction projects. Our database includes a 10+ year archive of completed projects, full coverage of all global projects with a value greater than $25 million and key contact details for project managers, owners, consultants, contractors and bidders.
The Ministry for Water and Irrigation, Tanzania through the Arusha Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (AUWSA) is planning for expansion of the water and sewage network in Arusha, Tanzania.
The project includes the expansion of the water and sewage network and is divided into three components.
The Water Supply Component includes the construction of Malala and Olgilai River Intake, Machare Spring Intake, Lake Duliti Surface Intake including treatment plant, conventional water treatment plant at Midawe, Machare and Olgilai, a new water network, water storage tanks and water quality laboratory, the drilling of observation and productive boreholes (ground water development), and the laying of HT electric lines to various sites.
The Sanitation Component includes the construction of new waste stabilization ponds such as Anaerobic, Facultative, Maturation and Sludge, Sludge drying beds, new trunk mains, lateral lines and new sewer connections, and the rehabilitation of existing sewer network.
The Institutional Capacity Building Component includes the construction of main and zonal offices, attendants quarters for water and sewerage operations and workshop, and the installation of various equipment.
In August 2015, AUWSA invited expression of interest (EoI) to provide consultancy for engineering services for review and preparation of detailed design and tender documents, tendering and supervision of works, with submission deadline as September 18, 2015.
In 2016, AUWSA has appointed a undisclosed consulting engineer for the project, who will go through architectural designs and prepare tendering documents.
In May 2016, AUWSA secured a US$210 million loan from the African Development Bank.
Planning activities are underway.
The project includes the expansion of the water and sewage network in Arusha, Tanzania.
The US$235 million project includes the following:
1. Construction of Malala and Olgilai River Intake
2. Construction of Machare Spring Intake
3. Construction of Lake Duliti Surface Intake including treatment plant
4. Construction of conventional water treatment plant at Midawe, Machare and Olgilai
5. Construction of a new water network
6. Construction of water storage tanks
7. Construction of water quality laboratory
8. Construction of new waste stabilization ponds
9. Construction of sludge drying beds
10. Construction of new trunk mains
11. Construction of lateral lines and new sewer connections
12. Construction of main and zonal offices
13. Construction of attendants quarters
14. Installation of various equipment's
15. Rehabilitation of existing sewer network
16. Drilling of observation and productive boreholes
17. Laying of HT electric lines to various sites
Reasons To Buy