India Pet Food Market Forecast and Opportunities, 2019
The pet population in India is increasing at a robust pace, where majority of the pet owners are adopting dogs due to the need for security and companionship. In addition, rising number of affluent and growing middle class families are also increasingly adopting pets. As a result, the demand for pet food is rising, mainly in urban centers of India. The pet population base is also diversified across regions, for instance, in 2013, around 85% of the pets in India were dogs, with the northern region accounting for highest number of pets. Cat and fish, on the other hand, are more popular pets in the southern region in India. According to TechSci Research report, “India Pet Food Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2019”, the Indian pet food market is projected to surpass USD270 million by 2019. Dog food segment is expected to continue its dominance as the largest revenue contributor, followed by cat and fish food segments. Dry food is more popular in case of dog food segment due to general liking of dogs towards dry food, while cats prefer wet food. Treat/snacks are also popular among dogs, however, due to high prices, most of the pet owners prefer dry food. Considering the diversified preference or liking by various pets, food companies are also strategizing their products offerings, accordingly. A few of the leading pet food manufacturers operating in the Indian market includes Mars International, Provimi Animal Nutrition India, PetSetGo and Bharat International Pet Foods, etc.
“India Pet Food Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2019” report elaborates following aspects related to pet food market in India:
• India Pet Food Market Size, Share & Forecast
• Segmental Analysis – Dog, Cat and Fish Food
• Regional Analysis & Supply Chain Management
• Price Point Analysis
• Changing Market Trends &Emerging Opportunities
• Policy & Regulatory Landscape
• Competitive Landscape & Strategic Recommendations Why You Should Buy This Report?
• To gain an in-depth understanding of pet food market in India
• To identify ongoing trends and anticipated growth in the coming years
• To help industry consultants, pet food manufacturers and distributors align their market-centric strategies
• To obtain research based business decision and add weight to presentations and marketing material
• To gain competitive knowledge of leading players
• To avail 10% customization in the report without any extra charges and get the research data or trends added in the report as per the buyer’s specific needs
The information contained in this report is based upon both primary and secondary sources. Primary research included interviews with pet food manufacturers, distributors and industry experts. Secondary research included an exhaustive search of relevant publications like company annual reports, financial reports and proprietary databases.
Please Note: Printing is not available on single-user licenses.
1. PetSetGo 2. IB Group 3. Mars International India Private Limited 4. Agro Food Industries Pvt. Ltd. 5. Gitwako Farms (I) Pvt. Ltd. 6. Sernea Enterprises 7. Provimi Animal Nutrition India Pvt. Ltd 8. Venky’s (India) Limited 9. Natural Pet 10. Bharat International Pvt. Ltd.