India Organic Personal Care Products Market, By Product Type (Skin Care, Bath and Shower Products, Color Cosmetic Products and Perfumes & Deodorants), By Distribution Channel (Exclusive Retail Stores/Multibranded Retail Stores, Supermarkets/Hypermarkets, Online Channels, Beauty Parlors/Salons, Others), By Region, Competition Forecast & Opportunities, FY2026
India organic personal care products market is expected to grow from USD571.43 million in FY2020 to USD1,239.04 million in FY2026 growing with a CAGR of 14.69% by FY2026. With increasing literacy and urbanization of the country’s population, the awareness of the bad effects of chemicals and synthetic ingredients (like parabens, phthalates, propylene glycol and formaldehyde) used in personal care products is increasing rapidly. According to a survey conducted by the Economic Times of India, 71% of consumers surveys said that they would pick up a face cream or lotion if it claims to be ‘natural’, 38% said they would buy a shampoo or hair oil if it was made with ‘botanical’ ingredients. Hence, people are turning towards ayurvedic, herbal and organic products that does not harm their skin even after long term use.
Moreover, India’s GDP has been consistently growing over the years, leading to increase in per capita income levels, which is enabling consumers to spend more on lifestyle products. The country’s consumer spending stood at USD236.94 billion in October 2016, which increased to USD309.46 billion in January 2020. With such rise being witnessed in consumer spending, an increasing number of consumers are shifting towards better quality natural products like organic personal care items, which is expected to continue boosting the market in the coming years.
The organic personal care products market is categorized into skin care, bath and shower products, color cosmetic products and perfumes & deodorants when segmented on the basis of product type. Among them the skin care category held the largest market share in the market in FY2020 and it is projected to remain the dominant segment in the forecast period as well. This is because, chemicals like Triclosan, Parabens, Phthalates, SLS and other sulfates, Propylene glycol, formaldehydes, petroleum oils, etc. are harmful to our skin if used in excess for long duration. Most of the synthetic skin care products include these chemicals as ingredients and as people are becoming aware of the harmful effects of these chemicals on the skin, they are starting to shift towards natural skin care products like ayurvedic, herbal and organic.
Some of the major players operating in the India organic personal care products market are Lotus Herbal Pvt. Ltd. (Lotus Organics), Organic India Pvt. Ltd., Amishi Consumer Technologies Private Limited (The Moms Co.), Forest Essentials, Vaadi Herbals Pvt. Ltd., Idam Natural Wellness Pvt. Ltd (Bella Vita Organic), Syscom Organic World Private Limited (Organic Harvest), The Himalayan Organics, Juicy Chemistry Private Limited, and Greenberry Organics. With increasing number of companies offering organic products in India, new products in almost every segment of personal care market are increasing day by day. For example, in April 2019, Greenberry Organics launched new Hair Fall Control Shampoo and Bio-Active Skin Lightening Face Gels. And hence, people are getting more options with variety of products in this segment.
Years considered for this report:
Historical Years: FY2016 – FY2019
Base Year: FY2020
Estimated Year: FY2021
Forecast Period: FY2022 – FY2026
Objective of the Study:
- To analyze the historical growth in the market size of the India organic personal care products market from FY2016 to FY2020.
- To estimate and forecast the market size of the India organic personal care products market from FY2021 to FY2026 and growth rate until FY2026.
- To define, classify and forecast India organic personal care products market on the basis of product type, distribution channel, and region.
- To analyze and forecast the market share, in terms of value, for organic personal care products with respect to product type: skin care, bath and shower products, color cosmetic products and perfumes & deodorants.
- To scrutinize the detailed market segmentation and forecast the market size, in terms of value, and on the basis of region by segmenting the India organic personal care products market into four regions, namely – North, East, West and South.
- To identify tailwinds and headwinds for the India organic personal care products market.
- To examine supply chain along with margins and evaluate pricing in India organic personal care products market.
- To strategically profile the leading players in the market, which are involved in the supply of organic personal care products in India.
TechSci Research performed both primary as well as exhaustive secondary research for this study. Initially, TechSci Research sourced a list of manufacturers, suppliers, and service providers across the country. Subsequently, TechSci Research conducted primary research surveys with the identified companies. While interviewing, the respondents were also enquired about their competitors. Through this technique, TechSci Research was able to include the manufactures which could not be identified due to the limitations of secondary research.
TechSci Research analyzed the manufactures, distribution channels and presence of all major players across the country. TechSci Research calculated the market size of India organic personal care products market using a bottom-up approach, wherein data for various end-user segments was recorded and forecast for the future years. TechSci Research sourced these values from the industry experts and company representatives and externally validated through analysing historical data of these product types and applications for getting an appropriate, overall market size. Various secondary sources such as company websites, news articles, press releases, company annual reports, investor presentations and financial reports were also studied by TechSci Research.
Key Target Audience:
- Organic personal care products manufacturers, suppliers, distributors and other stakeholders
- Organizations, forums and alliances related to organic personal care products
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
- Market research and consulting firms
The study is useful in providing answers to several critical questions that are important for the industry stakeholders such as organic personal care products manufacturers, distributors and dealers, customers and policy makers. The study would also help them to identify which market segments should be targeted in the coming years in order to strategize investments and capitalize on growth opportunities in the market.
In this report, India organic personal care products market has been segmented into following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
- India Organic Personal Care Products Market, By Product Type:
- Skin Care
- Bath and Shower Products
- Color Cosmetic Products
- Perfumes & Deodorants
- India Organic Personal Care Products Market, By Distribution Channel:
- Exclusive Retail Stores/Multibranded Retail Stores
- Online Channels
- Beauty Parlors/Salons
- India Organic Personal Care Products Market, By Region:
Company Profiles: Analysis of the major companies operating in the India organic personal care products market.
With the given market data, TechSci Research offers customizations according to a company’s specific needs. The following customization options are available for the report:
- Detailed analysis and profiling of additional market players (up to five).
Report will be updated with the latest data and delivered to you within 3-5 working days of order. Single User license will be delivered in PDF format without