Global Automotive Suspension Market by Vehicle Type (Passenger Car, Light Commercial Vehicle, and Medium & Heavy Duty Commercial Vehicle), by System Type (Passive, Semi-Active, Active, and Air Suspension), by Architecture Type (Dependent and Semi-Independent / Independent), by Damping Type (Hydraulic / Pneumatic and Electromagnetic), by Component Type (Coil Spring, Leaf Spring, Air Spring, Shock Absorber, Strut, Control Arm, Ball Joint, and Others), and by Region (NA, Europe, APAC, ROW), Trend, Forecast, Competitive Analysis, and Growth Opportunity: 2016 – 2021
This report, from Stratview Research, studies suspension market in the global automotive industry over the period 2016 to 2021. The report provides detailed insights into the market dynamics to enable informed business decision making and growth strategy formulation based on the opportunities in the market.
The Global Automotive Suspension Market: Highlights
Suspension includes many components: shock absorbers, struts, leaf springs, coil springs, stabilizer bars, control arms, ball joints, torsional bars, and many more. All the vehicles must have a suspension system to provide smooth ride and reduce vibration caused by irregularities of road. Over a period, the automotive industry has experienced a significant change in the suspension technology, material, style, design, etc. There are countless styles of suspension components available worldwide featuring different advantages. At present, the development of lightweight suspension components is the key focus of automakers to meet stringent regulations of various countries.
The global suspension market in the automotive industry offers healthy growth prospects of 4.3% CAGR over the next five years to reach $64,050 million in 2021. Increasing annual production of passenger cars, light commercial vehicles, and medium & heavy duty commercial vehicles, global automotive fleet size, increasing need for lightweight suspension system to achieve stringent regulations, such as CAFÉ Standards, increasing customer expectation related to vehicle comfort, safety, stability, and control, and increasing need for suspension with reduced space are some of the major drivers of the market.
Passenger car is expected to remain the largest segment for automotive suspension over the next five years. The segment is also likely to witness the highest growth during the same period driven by high annual production of passenger cars, large passenger car fleet size, increasing demand of lightweight suspension components, and continuous advancement in suspension components.
There are four types of suspension systems used in the automotive industry: passive system, semi-active, active, and air suspension. Passive suspension was the most widely used system type in all the vehicle segments in 2015, however, active suspension is expected to possess the highest growth during the forecast period.
Semi-independent / independent architecture dominated the global automotive suspension market in 2015 in terms of value, followed by dependent architecture. Air suspension and double wishbone & multi-link (both part of semi-independent) are expected to witness the highest growth over the next five years.
There are two types of damping systems used in the automotive industry: hydraulic / pneumatic and electromagnetic. Hydraulic / pneumatic based suspension is likely to remain the largest damping type during the forecast period. Electromagnetic damping is relative new technology and is rapidly gaining market acceptance mainly in the luxury and premium cars. Currently, it is a very small market but is likely to experience huge growth in the coming years.
Asia-Pacific dominated the global automotive suspension market in 2015 in terms of value, followed by Europe, North America, and RoW. The region is likely to remain the largest market during the forecast period; however, RoW is likely to be the fastest growing region, driven by expected recovery of Brazilian automotive industry after 2016 and upcoming assembly plants in Middle East and Africa regions.
The global automotive suspension market is moderately consolidated with the presence of more than 200 global as well as regional players. Top 10 players are ZF Friedrichshafen AG, ThyssenKrupp AG, Benteler International AG, Magneti Marelli S.P.A., KYB Corporation, Tenneco Inc, Mubea Fahrwerksfedern GmbH, NHK Springs Co., Ltd, Mando Corp, and Rassini.
This report offers high-quality insights and is the outcome of detailed research methodology comprising extensive secondary research, rigorous primary interviews with industry stakeholders and validation and triangulation with Stratview Research’s internal database and statistical tools. More than 700 authenticated secondary sources, such as company annual reports, fact book, press release, journals, investor presentation, white papers, patents, and articles have been leveraged to gather the data. We usually conduct more than10 detailed primary interviews with the market players across the value chain in all four regions and industry experts, to obtain both the qualitative and quantitative insights.
This report provides market intelligence in the most comprehensive way. The report structure has been kept such that it offers maximum business value. It provides critical insights into the market dynamics and will enable strategic decision making for the existing market players as well as those willing to enter the market. The following are the key features of the report:
• Market structure: Overview, industry life cycle analysis, supply chain analysis.
• Market environment analysis: Growth drivers and constraints, Porter’s five forces analysis, SWOT analysis.
• Market trend and forecast analysis.
• Market segment trend and forecast.
• Competitive landscape and dynamics: Market share, Application portfolio, Application launches, etc.
• Attractive market segments and associated growth opportunities.
• Emerging trends.
• Strategic growth opportunities for the existing and new players.
• Key success factors.
The automotive suspension market is segmented into the following categories.
Global Automotive Suspension Market by Vehicle Type:
• Passenger Car (Regional Analysis: NA, Europe, APAC, and RoW)
• Light Commercial Vehicle (Regional Analysis: NA, Europe, APAC, and RoW)
• Medium & Heavy Commercial Vehicle (Regional Analysis: NA, Europe, APAC, and RoW)
Global Automotive Suspension Market by System Type:
• Passive Suspension System (Regional Analysis: NA, Europe, APAC, and RoW)
• Semi-Active Suspension System (Regional Analysis: NA, Europe, APAC, and RoW)
• Active Suspension System (Regional Analysis: NA, Europe, APAC, and RoW)
• Air Suspension System (Regional Analysis: NA, Europe, APAC, and RoW)
Global Automotive Suspension Market by Architecture Type:
• Dependent (Regional Analysis: NA, Europe, APAC, and RoW)
• Semi-Independent / Independent (Regional Analysis: NA, Europe, APAC, and RoW)
Global Automotive Suspension Market by Component Type:
• Coil Spring (Regional Analysis: NA, Europe, APAC, and RoW)
• Leaf Spring (Regional Analysis: NA, Europe, APAC, and RoW)
• Air Spring (Regional Analysis: NA, Europe, APAC, and RoW)
• Shock Absorber (Regional Analysis: NA, Europe, APAC, and RoW)
• Strut (Regional Analysis: NA, Europe, APAC, and RoW)
• Control Arm (Regional Analysis: NA, Europe, APAC, and RoW)
• Ball Joint (Regional Analysis: NA, Europe, APAC, and RoW)
• Other Components (Regional Analysis: NA, Europe, APAC, and RoW)
Global Automotive Suspension Market by Region:
• North America (Country Analysis: USA, Canada, and Mexico)
• Europe (Country Analysis: Germany, France, UK, Italy, Russia, and Rest of the Europe)
• Asia-Pacific (Country Analysis: China, Japan, South Korea, India, and Rest of Asia-Pacific)
• Rest of the world (Country Analysis: Brazil, Argentina, and Others)
Report Customization Options
With this detailed report, Stratview Research offers one of the following free customization options to our respectable clients:
• Detailed profiling of additional market players (up to 3)
• SWOT analysis of key players (up to 3)
• Current market segmentation of any one of the vehicle type by system type
• Benchmarking of key players on the following parameters: Application portfolio, geographical reach, regional presence, and strategic alliances
Custom Research: Stratview research offers custom research services across the sectors.