Underfill - Global Market Outlook (2018-2027)
According to Stratistics MRC, the Global Underfill Market is accounted for $240.34 million in 2018 and is expected to reach $600.00 million by 2027 growing at a CAGR of 10.7% during the forecast period. Some of the key factors propelling the market growth are increasing demand for low cost, high performing, small in size devices, rising demand in smart phones and tablets, increasing use of underfill material, and increasing demand for portable systems in aerospace and military. However, reducing profit margins of underfill suppliers is restricting the market growth.
Underfill materials are composite formulations of organic polymers and inorganic fillers which are used in semiconductor packaging to achieve improved thermo mechanical performance. molded underfill (MUF), capillary underfill (CUF) and no flow underfill (NUF) are some techniques which are used in underfill materials.
By product type, capillary underfill material (CUF) is anticipated to grow at the significant rate during the forecast period, due to high cost, recent developments in the electronic industry. It is used in several packaging techniques which include ball grid array, chip scale packaging, flip chip, and others. Due to growing pricing pressure from end use industry, CUF being a conventional and relatively costly technique is replaced by MUF process technique.
Based on the geography, Asia Pacific region is expected to have considerable market growth during the forecast period, due to high adoption of underfill materials in various industries in China. Most successful semiconductor and electronics producers have established their business in countries of Asia Pacific. In China, the high-end underfill products mainly rely on import from foreign developed countries. To meet the large demand for the high-end products, Chinese manufacturers will invest much more on the R&D, which will certainly weaken the dependence of imports.
Some of the key players in underfill market include Master Bond, DOVER, Hitachi Chemical, AIM Solder, SUNSTAR, NAMICS Corporation, Zymet, Fuji, WON CHEMICAL, Shin-Etsu Chemical, HIGHTITE, Panacol-Elosol, U-bond, Darbond, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, Bondline, Epoxy Technology Inc., Nordson Corporation, H.B Fuller, and Panasonic Corporation.
Product Types Covered:
• Molded Underfill Material (MUF)
• No Flow Underfill Material (NUF)
• Capillary Underfill Material (CUF)
• Semiconductor Underfills
• Board Level Underfills
• Chip Scale Packaging (CSP)
• Flip Chips
• Ball Grid Array (BGA)
End Users Covered:
• Consumer Electronics
• Automotive Electronics
• Defense & Aerospace Electronics
• Medical Electronics
• Industrial Electronics
• North America
Rest of Europe
• Asia Pacific
Rest of Asia Pacific
• South America
Rest of South America
• Middle East & Africa
Rest of Middle East & Africa
What our report offers:
- Market share assessments for the regional and country-level segments
- Strategic recommendations for the new entrants
- Covers Market data for the years 2017, 2018, 2019, 2023 and 2027
- Market Trends (Drivers, Constraints, Opportunities, Threats, Challenges, Investment Opportunities, and recommendations)
- Strategic analysis: Drivers and Constraints, Product/Technology Analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, SWOT analysis, etc.
- Strategic recommendations in key business segments based on the market estimations
- Competitive landscaping mapping the key common trends
- Company profiling with detailed strategies, financials, and recent developments
- Supply chain trends mapping the latest technological advancements
Free Customization Offerings:
All the customers of this report will be entitled to receive one of the following free customization options:
• Company Profiling
Comprehensive profiling of additional market players (up to 3)
SWOT Analysis of key players (up to 3)
• Regional Segmentation
Market estimations, Forecasts and CAGR of any prominent country as per the client's interest (Note: Depends on feasibility check)
• Competitive Benchmarking
Benchmarking of key players based on product portfolio, geographical presence, and strategic alliances
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook