Transparent Ceramics - Global Market Outlook (2017-2026)
According to Stratistics MRC, the Global Transparent Ceramics Market is accounted for $269.9 million in 2017 and expected to grow at a CAGR of 20.9% to reach $1491.1 million by 2026. The efficiency to work as a substitute to glass, metal and plastics and the increasing aerospace & defence expenditure on advanced materials and technologies are some of the factors driving the market growth. However, the high cost associated with the transparent ceramics is restricting the market growth. The advancements happening in nanotechnology are set to provide ample opportunities in the market. It’s non-recyclable and non-repairable nature is the possible challenges in the market.
Transparent ceramics come under visually transparent group of ceramics, which are crystalline and glassy in nature. These are used as different forms of optically transparent ceramic materials such as bulk solid state, coatings, thin films, and optical fibers. The transparent ceramics are obtained through a crystallization process from silica based glass and are used as optically transparent materials in various forms. The high-energy radiation detection, infrared domes, lasers, optical fibers, and armors industries are its major applications. They are commonly used in industries in North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (ROW). They have superior mechanical and optical properties when compared to many other traditional materials.
Based on type, the market for polycrystalline transparent ceramics is expected to experience a massive growth responsible to the superior features provided such as, narrow output tolerance, long term reliability, high resistance to mechanical loads and environment friendliness. In addition factors such as the superior mechanical properties, ease of manufacturing, performance at high-temperature environments, and chemical durability will trigger the market.
Asia Pacific is one of the prominent regions for transparent ceramics market. The region is expected to witness incredible growth owing to high government spending on infrastructure sector and growing opportunities for foreign direct investment (FDI) in China and India. The region growth is driven by the demands from industrial, transportation, and commercial facilities. The aviation sector in particular from transportation sector will drive the market. The applications for transparent ceramics are spread widely in areas such as, helicopters & planes as sensors, armours, and ceramic guards. In addition, the increasing governmental support, especially in the aviation sector is an add-on.
Some of the key players in the transparent ceramics market are Philips, Bright crystals technology, II-VI Optical Systems, American Elements, Schott AG, CreamTec, Surmet Corporation, Ceranova, Cilas, Coorstek, General Electric, Saint-Gobain Ceramics & Plastics, Inc., Koito manufacturing, Konoshima chemical, Optocity, Advanced Ceramic Manufacturing, LLC, Blasch Precision Ceramics Inc., Morgan Advanced Materials PLC, IBD deisenroth engineering and Ceradyne Inc.
• Yttrium Aluminum Garnet (YAG)
• Aluminum Oxynitride
• Other Materials
• Polycrystalline Transparent Ceramics
• Monocrystalline Transparent Ceramics
• Other Transparent Ceramics
• Domes & Windows
• Transparent Armor
• Other Applications
End Users Covered:
• Optics And Optoelectronics
• Aerospace, Defence and security
• Sensors And Instrumentation
• Consumer Goods/Electronics
• Other End Users
• North America
Rest of Europe
• Asia Pacific
Rest of Asia Pacific
• South America
Rest of South America
• Middle East & Africa
Rest of Middle East & Africa
What our report offers:
- Market share assessments for the regional and country level segments
- Market share analysis of the top industry players
- Strategic recommendations for the new entrants
- Market forecasts for a minimum of 9 years of all the mentioned segments, sub segments and the regional markets
- Market Trends (Drivers, Constraints, Opportunities, Threats, Challenges, Investment Opportunities, and recommendations)
- Strategic recommendations in key business segments based on the market estimations
- Competitive landscaping mapping the key common trends
- Company profiling with detailed strategies, financials, and recent developments
- Supply chain trends mapping the latest technological advancements
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook