Soil Conditioners - Global Market Outlook (2017-2026)
According to Stratistics MRC, the Global Soil Conditioners Market is accounted for $5.26 billion in 2017 and expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.5% to reach $11.99 billion by 2026. Increasing awareness about soil management practices, shrinking arable land, ensuring food security, advancements in farming practices and rising demand for organic fruits, vegetables & cereals are driving the market growth. However, low adoption rate, toxicity caused by the consumption of synthetic soil conditioners, and technical knowledge barriers are hampering the market growth. Water-soluble soil conditioners such as hydrogels have ample market opportunity.
Based on Type, Organic soil conditioners contain variable amounts of plant nutrients and can supply a portion of the nutrient requirements of home lawns and gardens. Sewage sludge is a potential organic soil conditioner and can be used as a source of plant nutrients. Organic amendments do not necessarily improve the nutritional value of the harvested fruits or vegetables. Finally, an organic material such as crop residue may increase the incidence of insects and disease, particularly if left it on the soil surface, by providing shelter and food for overwintering.
Based on Soil, Peat is partly decomposed plant material which slowly accumulates in lake bottoms or depressions. Peats are formed from many different kinds of plants. Those associated with waters low in calcium and other bases are usually very acid. They are often called bog peats or peat moss and are a mixture of wood, moss, and sedges. Woody peats are derived from such plants as tamarack, cedar, ash, elm, willow, and poplars. Sedimentary peats are derived from algae, plankton, pond weeds, and similar plant species.
Asia Pacific is projected to dominate the market followed by Europe. India accounts for a higher use of soil conditioners for enhancing soil fertility. In addition, vast agricultural land, wide acceptance of agricultural technologies and soil with poorly developed layers in countries of the Asia Pacific regions are driving the growth.
Some of the key players in Global Soil Conditioners Market are Adeka Corporation, Akzo Nobel N.V., BASF SE, Clariant International Ag, Croda International Plc, Eastman Chemical Company, Evonik Industries Ag, Novozymes A/S, Solvay S.A., Syngenta Ag, The Dow Chemical Company, Vantage Specialty Chemicals, Inc., Lambent Corp., Sichuan Bestluck Chemical Co., Ltd., EUROLIGNITE LLC and ATLAS AGROBI.
• Cereals & Grains
• Oilseeds & Pulses
• Fruits & Vegetables
• Other Crops
• Synthetic Soil Conditioners
• Natural Soil Conditioners
• North America
Rest of Europe
• Asia Pacific
Rest of Asia Pacific
• South America
Rest of South America
• Middle East & Africa
Rest of Middle East & Africa
What our report offers:
- Market share assessments for the regional and country level segments
- Market share analysis of the top industry players
- Strategic recommendations for the new entrants
- Market forecasts for a minimum of 9 years of all the mentioned segments, sub segments and the regional markets
- Market Trends (Drivers, Constraints, Opportunities, Threats, Challenges, Investment Opportunities, and recommendations)
- Strategic recommendations in key business segments based on the market estimations
- Competitive landscaping mapping the key common trends
- Company profiling with detailed strategies, financials, and recent developments
- Supply chain trends mapping the latest technological advancements