Polyols - Global Market Outlook (2017-2026)
According to Stratistics MRC, the Global Polyols Market is accounted for $22.9 billion in 2017 and is expected to reach $56.2 billion by 2026 growing at a CAGR of 10.5% during the forecast period. Some of the key factors favouring the growth of the market are consumer inclination towards low calorie food, growing health concerns and changing consumer lifestyle. Moreover, production of carbon dioxide based polyols and the production of bio-based polyols are considered as the opportunities for the market growth. However, increasing price volatility of raw materials and regulatory approvals are acts as restrains for the growth of the market.
Polyols are defined as sugar-free sweeteners, which are used in the same amount as sugar is used in food and beverage products. The chemical structure of polyols is partially sugar and alcohol thus, called as sugar alcohols. Different polyols available for use in food and beverage products include erythritol, sorbitol, maltitol, isomalt and others. Polyol is a key ingredient used in polyurethane formulations, which is largely used in various industrial applications including rigid & flexible foams, coatings, adhesives, sealants and elastomers.
Depending upon the type, polyether polyols segment witnessed considerable market growth owing to their tightly cross-linked structure and low molecular weight. Moreover, polyether polyols exhibit better resilience, abrasion resistance, and hydrolytic stability.
Based on application, polyurethane (flexible foam) segment holds the largest market share. The growth of this segment can be attributed due to the extensive demand because the polyurethane flexible foam is used in number of applications such as textiles and fibers, auto motive industry, construction industry and furniture, carpet cushion, bedding, and packaging. Additionally, polyurethane flexible foams provide durability and comfort, energy absorption and also support and comfort.
By geography, Asia Pacific holds significant market share due to rapidly growing population, government regulations to increase construction activities, growth in automotive industry, and increasing demand of textile and furniture are the favourable market forces for growth of polyols in this region. These factors are attracting the market players for expanding their businesses in Asia-Pacific region.
Some of the key players in polyols market include BASF SE, Mitsui Chemicals, Inc., Dow Chemicals, Royal Dutch Shell, Lonza Group, Vertellus, Bayer AG, Stepan Company, Perstorp AB, INVISTA B.V., Emery Oleochemicals, Coim Group, Chemtura, Cargill Incorporated, Shandong Dongda Chemical Industry Co Ltd, Jayant Agro-Organics Ltd., Roquette Frères, Huntsman Corporation, Piedmont Chemical Industries and PolyLab Industries Private Limited.
• Polyester Polyol
• Polyether Polyol
• Other Product Types
• CASE (Coatings, Adhesives, Sealants and Elastoemrs)
• Polyurethane (Rigid Foam)
• Polyurethane (Flexible Foam)
• Other Applications
End Users Covered:
• Carpet Backing
• Building & Construction
• Foot wear
• Other End Users
• North America
Rest of Europe
• Asia Pacific
Rest of Asia Pacific
• South America
Rest of South America
• Middle East & Africa
Rest of Middle East & Africa
What our report offers:
- Market share assessments for the regional and country level segments
- Market share analysis of the top industry players
- Strategic recommendations for the new entrants
- Market forecasts for a minimum of 9 years of all the mentioned segments, sub segments and the regional markets
- Market Trends (Drivers, Constraints, Opportunities, Threats, Challenges, Investment Opportunities, and recommendations)
- Strategic recommendations in key business segments based on the market estimations
- Competitive landscaping mapping the key common trends
- Company profiling with detailed strategies, financials, and recent developments
- Supply chain trends mapping the latest technological advancements.