Organ Preservation - Global Market Outlook (2017-2023)
According to Stratistics MRC, the Global Organ Preservation Market is accounted for $166.58 million in 2016 and expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.7% to reach $319.98 million by 2023. Some of the factors effecting market growth are increase in organ transplantation, need for successful preservation to uphold organ function, risk of multi organ failure and research breakthrough in organ preservation are fuelling the market growth. Unavailability of organ donors, ethical and bioethical issues and high cost of implementation are impeding the market growth. Further, cryopreservation, EVLP (ex vivo lung perfusion) technique for lung preservation, rise in solid-organ transplantations, rewarming of tissue using magnetic nano-particles in medical community are few trends observed by the market.
Based on Solution, University of Wisconsin Solution (UW Solution) is most widely used for multi-organ protection. UW has a higher osmolarity, viscosity and potassium content. Increasing awareness of the effects of ischemia-reperfusion (I/R) injury on transplant outcomes has provoked an interest in cold storage preservation solutions. However, recent research has shown limitations, in addition to high cost, insulin within UW solution may exacerbate hepatic I/R injury by accelerating the depletion of the graft’s ATP supply. Also, because of high viscosity of UW solution has been reported to result in poor initial perfusion of the graft.
Based on Organ, preservation of kidney is crucial, as many people suffer from kidney disorders as well as due to lack of optimal donors, more marginal organs are transplanted. Kidneys oxygenation (normothermic of hypothermic) could provide good future stance. New developments in molecular immunology and computational biology have increased donor and recipient matching of HLA and non-HLA compatibility. Hypothermic machine perfusion (HMP) is the optimal method of preservation for donation after brain death (DBD) and expanded criteria donors (ECD) kidneys.
North America dominated the global organ preservation market followed by Europe due to favourable reimbursement policies, technological advancements, and launch of transplant programs. Asia Pacific is the fastest growing market because of increased risk of organ failure with rising population, development of transplant networks and hotspot for transplant tourism.
Some of the key players in Global Organ Preservation market are Dr. Franz Köhler Chemie GmbH, Preservation Solutions, Inc, 21st Century Medicine, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Claris Lifesciences Limited, Essential Pharmaceuticals, LLC, Lifeline Scientific, Inc. (Organ Recovery Systems, Inc.), Organox Limited, Paragonix Technologies, Inc., Transmedics, Inc., Waters Medical Systems LLC [Institut Georges Lopez (IGL], Xvivo Perfusion AB, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd and ToleroTech, Inc.
• Hypothermic Machine Perfusion
• Normothermic Machine Perfusion
• Static Cold Storage (SCS) Technique
• Other Techniques
• Other Organs
• Custodiol HTK ( Histidine-Tryptophan-Ketoglutarate) Solution
• University of Wisconsin Solution (UW Solution)
• Human Biosystem (HBS) Solution
• siRNA Transplant Solutions
• Other Solutions
• North America
Rest of Europe
• Asia Pacific
Rest of Asia Pacific
• South America
Rest of South America
• Middle East & Africa
Rest of Middle East & Africa
What our report offers:
- Market share assessments for the regional and country level segments
- Market share analysis of the top industry players
- Strategic recommendations for the new entrants
- Market forecasts for a minimum of 7 years of all the mentioned segments, sub segments and the regional markets
- Market Trends (Drivers, Constraints, Opportunities, Threats, Challenges, Investment Opportunities, and recommendations)
- Strategic recommendations in key business segments based on the market estimations
- Competitive landscaping mapping the key common trends
- Company profiling with detailed strategies, financials, and recent developments
- Supply chain trends mapping the latest technological advancements