Injectable Drug Delivery - Global Market Outlook (2017-2026)
According to Stratistics MRC, the Global Injectable Drug Delivery market is expected to grow from $404.14 billion in 2017 to reach $1199.89 billion by 2026 with a CAGR of 12.8%. Increasing prevalence of chronic diseases, expansion in the biologics market and technological advances in the form of nanotechnologies are some of the factors propelling the market growth. However, growing injuries and the infections caused by needles is hampering the market growth.
Drug delivery is the method of administering a pharmaceutical compound into the body through different routes to achieve a therapeutic effect. Oral, injection-based, transdermal, and carrier-based are some of the types of drug delivery devices. Injectable drug delivery facilitates the rapid transport of a drug into the body by passing first-pass metabolism. It also helps in administering drugs in unconscious and comatose patients. It is used in conditions such as hormonal imbalance, cystic fibrosis, autoimmune diseases, pain, Wilson’s disease, hemophilia, hepatitis C and ribose-5-phosphate isomerase deficiency.
Based on formulation packaging, Ampules segment has a significant growth in the market owing to its good barrier properties as compared to other types of packaging. In addition they offer better protection at a lesser cost, ease of transportation and low costs of manufacturing are the factors driving the market in this segment.
By Geography, North America was estimated to be the largest share for the market during the forecast period. The growth is attributed to the rising dominance of chronic diseases and the number of companies that are focused on collaboration and partnerships to ensure the availability of high-value products.
Some of the key players in the Injectable Drug Delivery market include Baxter International, Inc., ELI Lilly and Company, Terumo Corporation, Becton, Dickinson and Company, Pfizer, Inc., Gerresheimer AG, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Schott AG, Sandoz, Antares Pharma, Inc., Zogenix, Inc., Scandinavian Health Limited, Terumo Medical Corp., Ypsomed Holding AG, Unilife Corporation, Vetter Pharma-Fertigung GmbH & Co. KG and Nova Nordisk A/S.
Formulation Packagings Covered:
Usage Patterns Covered:
• Curative Care
• Other Usage Patterns
Facility of Uses Covered:
• Home Care Settings
• Hospitals and Clinics
• Other Facilities of Use
Site of Administrations Covered:
• Circulatory/Musculoskeletal System (Intravenous, Intracardiac, Intramuscular, and Intraperitoneal)
• Skin (Intradermal and Subcutaneous)
• Central Nervous System (Intracerebral and Intrathecal)
• Organs (Intravitreal and Intra-Articular)
• Hormonal Disorders
• Autoimmune Diseases
• Orphan Diseases
• Cardiovascular diseases
• Neurology Addiction
• Respiratory Diseases
• Regenerative Medicine
• Other Therapeutic Applications
Distribution Channels Covered:
• Retail Pharmacy Stores
End Users Covered:
• Ambulatory Care
• Home Based
• Clinics/Physician Offices
• Other End Users
• North America
Rest of Europe
• Asia Pacific
Rest of Asia Pacific
• South America
Rest of South America
• Middle East & Africa
Rest of Middle East & Africa
What our report offers:
- Market share assessments for the regional and country level segments
- Market share analysis of the top industry players
- Strategic recommendations for the new entrants
- Market forecasts for a minimum of 9 years of all the mentioned segments, sub segments and the regional markets
- Market Trends (Drivers, Constraints, Opportunities, Threats, Challenges, Investment Opportunities, and recommendations)
- Strategic recommendations in key business segments based on the market estimations
- Competitive landscaping mapping the key common trends.
- Company profiling with detailed strategies, financials, and recent developments
- Supply chain trends mapping the latest technological advancements.