Activated Carbon - Global Market Outlook (2017-2026)
According to Stratistics MRC, the Global Activated Carbon Market is accounted for $4.12 billion in 2017 and is expected to reach $14.21 billion by 2026 growing at a CAGR of 14.7% from 2017 to 2026. Stringent Regulations on Water Purification, Increasing need of water treatment plants, rising pollution and increase in industrialization and urbanization are some of the key factors fueling the market growth. However, factors such as high price of raw material are restricting growth of market.
Activated carbon is processed carbon with small, low-volume pores to increase surface area for chemical reactions and adsorption. Organic material with high carbon content is processed to manufacture activated carbon. Physical adsorption is key property of activated carbon which is helpful for purification, decaffeination, metal finishing, medicine, filters and removal of pollutant and fuel storage. Liquid and gaseous phase of activated carbon enhances its uses in removal of lead, dissolved radon, other odour-causing compounds and mercury.
Amongst Application, Water Treatment applications segment accounted for significant market share during the forecast period. Some of the areas of application of activated carbon in water treatment are aquariums, groundwater remediation, potable water etc. In order to meet severe industrial process requirements for water to be used in beverage production, energy and life sciences, activated carbon is used. By geography, Asia Pacific led the market due to the fast industrialization in the region, together with rules aimed at safeguarding the environment. In addition, demand from countries such as Japan, India, and China are expected to be critical contributors to the overall regional market demand.
Some of the key players in Activated Carbon market include Veolia Water Technologies, Silcarbon Aktivkohle GmbH, Prominent Systems Inc., Oxbow Activated Carbon, Kureha Corporation, Kuraray Co. Ltd., Ingevity, HAYCARB PVT. LTD., Evoqua Water Technologies Llc, Donau Chemie Group, CPL Carbon Link, Carbon Activated Corp., Cabot Corporation, Albemarle Corporation, ADA Carbon Solutions LLC, Osaka Gas Co., Ltd., Calgon Carbon Corporation, Carbon Resources LLC, CarboTech AC GmbH, CECA SA, Clarimex Group, Siemens Water Technologies Corporation and MeadWestvaco Corp.
• Granular Activated Carbon
• Powdered Activated Carbon
• Extruded or Pelletized activated carbon
• Other Types
• Metal Extraction
• Gaseous Phase Applications
• Liquid Phase Applications
• Other Applications
• North America
Rest of Europe
• Asia Pacific
Rest of Asia Pacific
• South America
Rest of South America
• Middle East & Africa
Rest of Middle East & Africa
What our report offers:
- Market share assessments for the regional and country level segments
- Market share analysis of the top industry players
- Strategic recommendations for the new entrants
- Market forecasts for a minimum of 9 years of all the mentioned segments, sub segments and the regional markets
- Market Trends (Drivers, Constraints, Opportunities, Threats, Challenges, Investment Opportunities, and recommendations)
- Strategic recommendations in key business segments based on the market estimations
- Competitive landscaping mapping the key common trends
- Company profiling with detailed strategies, financials, and recent developments
- Supply chain trends mapping the latest technological advancements