The Global Undersea Warfare Systems Market 2017-2027
Global undersea warfare systems (USW) market, valued at US$11.0 Billion in 2017, is projected grow at a CAGR of 3.85%, to a value of US$16.1 Billion by 2027. The cumulative market for global expenditure on undersea warfare is valued at US$148.7 Billion over the forecast period. The demand for USW systems is expected to be driven by growing disputes over maritime borders, offshore resources and trade routes. Anti-access area denial (A2/AD) and counter A2/AD are becoming a vital part of maritime strategies employed by major navies across the world and undersea warfare is expected to regain its prominence.
Undersea Warfare Systems market is split into four segments: Combat Systems, Manned & Unmanned Systems, Sensors, and Communication & Countermeasures. During the forecast period, Combat Systems are expected to account for the largest share of spending, accounting for 61.5% of the overall global market.
Manned & Unmanned Systems segment is projected to be the third largest segment over the forecast period, and is expected to account for a total share of 13.8% of the global market. The remaining 9.4% share of the overall USW market is expected to be accounted by the Communication & Countermeasures segment, during 2017-2027. Asia Pacific, North America and Europe are projected to account for the first, second and third largest markets in this segment respectively.
Global Undersea Warfare Systems market is expected to be led by Asia Pacific with a share of 34.1% over the forecast period, followed by North America with 31.5% which in turn is closely followed by Europe with a share of 28.0%. The Middle Eastern market is expected to account for 3.3%, followed by the Latin America and African markets with a collective share of 3.0%.
Asia Pacific, the largest market for the USW systems with a cumulative market of US$50.8 Billion, is characterized by incremental year-on-year investments by China, India, Australia, Japan, South Korea and other fast growing nations owing to regional power projection mechanisms, maritime conflicts and protection of maritime natural resources. North America represents the second largest market, with total spending on USW systems valued at US$46.9 Billion over the forecast period.
The report “The Global Undersea Warfare Systems Market 2017-2027” offers detailed analysis of the global Undersea Warfare (USW) Systems market over the next ten years, and provides market size forecasts. Furthermore, it covers key technological and market trends in the industry and analyzes factors influencing demand for USW systems.
In particular, this report provides the following -
- Overview: Snapshot of the USW market during 2017–2027, including highlights of the demand drivers, trends and challenges. It also provides a snapshot of the spending with respect to regions as well as segments.
- Market Dynamics: Insights into the technological developments in the USW market and a detailed analysis of the changing preferences of governments around the world. It also analyzes changing industry structure trends and the challenges faced by the industry participants.
- Segment Analysis: Insights into the USW market from a segmental perspective and a detailed analysis of factors influencing the market for each segment.
- Regional Review: Insights into modernization patterns and budgetary allocation for top countries within a region.
- Regional Analysis: Insights into the USW market from a regional perspective and a detailed analysis of factors influencing the market for each region.
- Trend Analysis – Key Defense Market: Analysis of the key markets in each region, providing an analysis of the USW segments expected to be in demand in each region.
- Key Program Analysis: Details of the top programs in each segment expected to be executed during the forecast period.
- Competitive landscape analysis: Analysis of competitive landscape of the global USW industry. It provides an overview of key defense companies, together with insights such as key alliances, strategic initiatives and a brief financial analysis.
Companies mentioned in this report: Northrop Grumman, Lockheed Martin Corporation, The Boeing Company, General Dynamics Corporation, BAE Systems plc, Saab AB, Thales Group, ECA Group, Kongsberg Gruppen, Harris Corporation, Raytheon Company, Ultra Electronics Corporation, DRS Technologies, Inc., ATLAS ELEKTRONIK GmbH, S.A. de Electrónica Submarina (SAES).
- The global undersea warfare systems market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.85% over the forecast period.
- The market consists of four categories: Combat Systems, Manned & Unmanned Systems, Sensors, Communictaion & Countermeasures. It is expected to be dominated by the Combat Systems segment, followed by Sensors and Manned & Unmanned Systems. The Asia Pacific region is forecasted to dominate the sector with a share of 34.1%, followed by the North America market, which is dominated by the US market. Russia, France and the UK account for major market share in the European region.
Reasons to buy
- Determine prospective investment areas based on a detailed trend analysis of the global undersea warfare systems marketover the next ten years
- Gain in-depth understanding about the underlying factors driving demand for different undersea warfare systems segments in the top spending countries across the world and identify the opportunities offered by each of them
- Strengthen your understandingofthe market in terms of demand drivers, industry trends, and the latest technological developments, among others
- Identify the major channels that are driving the global undersea warfare systems market, providing a clear picture about future opportunities that can be tapped, resulting in revenue expansion
- Channelize resources by focusing on the ongoing programs that are being undertaken by the defense ministries of different countries within the global undersea warfare systems market
- Make correct business decisions based on thorough analysis of the total competitive landscape of the sector with detailed profiles of the top undersea warfare systems providers around the world which include information about their products, alliances, recent contract wins and financial analysis wherever available