The Global Military IT, Data and Computing Market 2017-2027
Global military IT, data and computing market is estimated to value US$60.0 Billion in 2017 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.01% to value US$73.2 Billion by 2027. The cumulative market for global expenditure on military IT, data and computing is estimated at US$697.4 Billion over the forecast period. A major factor driving expenditure in this sector is the transition of modern warfare, from battlegrounds to networks and cyber space, with militaries across the world spending significantly on the development of their defensive and offensive capabilities in the areas of network-centric warfare and cyber security.
Military IT, data and computing market is expected to be dominated by North America, followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific. The US is the highest spender in the global military IT, data and computing market, with a large number of programs being pursued in the areas of enterprise resource planning (ERP) software products, the tactical local area network (TACLAN) family of systems, software support for radars, net-centric networking products, a transition to cloud computing, and cyber security. Europe is anticipated to emerge as the second largest market for military IT, data and computing, with a major portion of expenditure attributable to the UK, Russia, and France. Asia-Pacific is another major spender in the domain, with most major militaries formulating programs to establish robust communication networks among various tactical units and securing critical networks and infrastructure from cyber espionage.
In terms of segments, networking and software are expected to account for 32.9% and 28.3% of the military IT, data and computing market respectively, followed by cyber security and hardware, with a cumulative share of 38.8%.
The military IT, data and computing market is estimated to be led by North America, with a share of 52.8% over the forecast period, followed by Europe at 24.9%, and Asia-Pacific at 14.3%. The Middle Eastern market for military IT, data and computing is expected to account for 5.0% of the market, followed by the Latin American and African markets with a cumulative share of 3%.
The US accounts for the majority of expenditure in North America, with several significantly large projects being formulated on acquiring and deploying advanced IT infrastructure. The importance being placed on military IT, data, and computing stems from the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, where technology and IT enhanced the effectiveness and efficiency of the US Armed Forces in the fight against unorganized adversaries in difficult terrains.
The report “The Global Military IT, Data and Computing Market 2017-2027” offers detailed analysis of the global military IT, data and computing market over the next 10 years and provides market size forecasts. Furthermore, it covers key technological and market trends in the industry, and analyzes factors influencing demand for military IT, data and computing.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- Overview: Snapshot of the military IT, data and computing market during 2017-2027, including highlights of the demand drivers, trends, and challenges. It also provides a snapshot of the expenditure with respect to regions as well as segments.
- Market Dynamics: Insights into the technological developments in the military IT, data and computing market, and a detailed analysis of the changing preferences of governments around the world. It also analyzes changing industry structure trends and the challenges faced by the industry participants.
- Segment Analysis: Insights into the military IT, data and computing market from a segmental perspective and a detailed analysis of factors influencing the market for each sector.
- Regional Review: Insights into modernization patterns and budgetary allocation for top countries within a region.
- Regional Analysis: Insights into the military IT, data and computing market from a regional perspective and a detailed analysis of factors influencing the market for each region.
- Trend Analysis - Key Defense Market: Analysis of the key markets in each region, providing an analysis of the military IT, data and computing segments expected to be in demand in each region.
- Key Program Analysis: Details of the top three programs in each segment expected to be executed during the forecast period.
- Competitive Landscape Analysis: Analysis of the competitive landscape of the global military IT, data and computing industry. It provides an overview of key defense companies, together with insights such as key alliances, strategic initiatives, and a brief financial analysis.
Companies mentioned in this report: Exelis, Inc., Raytheon, Booz Allen Hamilton, Presagis, Elbit Systems, SAP AG, Thales, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, BAE Systems, DRS Tactical Systems, Dynamic Research Corporation, SAIC, Microsoft, General Dynamics, Hewlett Packard.
- The global military IT, data and computing market is estimated to value US$60 billion in 2017, and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.01% to value US$73.2 billion by 2027.
- In terms of segments, Networking is expected to account for 32.9% of the military IT, data and computing market, followed by Hardware with 28.3% of the market share, Cyber Security and Security comprise remaining of the market, with share of 21.0% and 17.8% respectively.
Reasons to buy
- Determine prospective investment areas based on a detailed trend analysis of the global military IT, data and computing market over the next ten years
- Gain in-depth understanding about the underlying factors driving demand for different Military IT segments in the top spending countries across the world and identify the opportunities offered by each of them
- Strengthen your understanding of the market in terms of demand drivers, industry trends, and the latest technological developments, among others
- Identify the major channels that are driving the global military IT, data and computing market, providing a clear picture about future opportunities that can be tapped, resulting in revenue expansion
- Channelize resources by focusing on the ongoing programs that are being undertaken by the internal ministries of different countries within the Military IT, Data and Computing market
- Make correct business decisions based on thorough analysis of the total competitive landscape of the sector with detailed profiles of the top Military IT, Data and Computing service providers around the world which include information about their products, alliances, recent contract wins and financial analysis wherever available