The Global Electronic Warfare Market 2017-2027
Electronic Warfare systems are playing a vital role in war fighter detecting, preventing, deterring, and defeating attacks by aircraft, UAVs, missiles, radars, maritime vessels, hostile space systems, and cyber threats. The global electronic warfare market is expected to be valued at more than US$13 Billion in 2017, and will grow at a CAGR of more than 2.6%, to cross US$17.5 Billion by 2027.
Global electronic warfare market includes three segments, being electronic protection, electronic attack, and electronic warfare support. The largest share in the global market for electronic warfare is projected to be accounted for by electronic protection systems with an estimated 59% over the forecast period. Electronic protection will be followed by electronic warfare support systems, which are projected to garner a share of more than 30% in the global market during 2017-2027. The remainder of about 9% will be accounted for by electronic attack systems.
North America is expected to witness defense budget cuts during the forecast period; the region’s expenditure on electronic warfare systems is expected to account for a majority 45% share of global spending during the forecast period. The US military has continued to make robust related investments in the electronic warfare systems domain, a trend that is expected to continue over the forecast period. One of the major trends currently being witnessed in the US market is an increase in the sheer volume of sales in the electronic warfare market.
Segment wise, electronic protection is estimated to account for the largest share of about 59% of spending over the forecast period. With a steady growth of Network-centric warfare (NCW), the importance of using electro-magnetic (EM) spectrum is rapidly rising in modern battle spaces. The dependence on cyberspace for the command and control functions is increasing exponentially, which makes the electromagnetic spectrum vulnerable to the emerging domains of electronic and cyber warfare. This, in turn, has led to the growing need for advanced electronic protection and countermeasure systems across the world.
The report “The Global Electronic Warfare Market 2017-2027” offers detailed analysis of the Global Electronic Warfare Market over the next ten years, and provides market size forecasts. Furthermore, it covers key technological and market trends in the industry, and analyzes factors influencing demand for electronic warfare systems.
Specifically, this report provides the following -
- Overview: snapshot of the electronic warfare market during 2017–2027, including highlights of the demand drivers, trends and challenges. It also provides a snapshot of the spending with respect to regions as well as segments.
- Market Dynamics: Insights into the technological developments in the electronic warfare market and a detailed analysis of the changing preferences of governments around the world. It also analyzes changing industry structure trends and the challenges faced by the industry participants.
- Segment Analysis: Insights into the electronic warfare market from a segmental perspective and a detailed analysis of factors influencing the market for each sector.
- Regional Review: Insights into modernization patterns and budgetary allocation for top countries within a region.
- Regional Analysis: Insights into the electronic warfare market from a regional perspective and a detailed analysis of factors influencing the market for each region.
- Trend Analysis – Key Defense Market: analysis of the key markets in each region, providing an analysis of the electronic warfare segments expected to be in demand in each region.
- Key Program Analysis: details of the top programs in each segment expected to be executed during the forecast period.
- Competitive landscape analysis: analysis of competitive landscape of the global electronic warfare industry. It provides an overview of key defense companies, together with insights such as key alliances, strategic initiatives and a brief financial analysis.
Companies mentioned in this report: Northrop Grumman Corporation, Lockheed Martin Corporation, The Boeing Company, BAE Systems Plc, Harris Corporation, The Raytheon Company, Elbit Systems Ltd, Cobham Plc.
The global electronic warfare market, valued at US$13.6 billion in 2017, is projected to grow at a CAGR of 2.64% over the forecast period, to reach US$17.7 billion by 2027 and cumulatively value US$169.4 billion. The market consists of three categories: electronic protection, electronic warfare support and electronic attack systems. The market is expected to be dominated by electronic protection systems, which will account for 59% of the market, followed by electronic warfare support and electronic attack systems with shares of 32% and 9% respectively. North America is forecast to dominate the sector with a share of 45%, followed by Asia Pacific and Europe, with shares of 27% and 20% respectively.
Reasons to buy
- Determine prospective investment areas based on a detailed trend analysis of the global electronic warfare market over the next ten years
- Gain in-depth understanding about the underlying factors driving demand for different electronic warfare segments in the top spending countries across the world and identify the opportunities offered by each of them
- Strengthen your understanding of the market in terms of demand drivers, industry trends, and the latest technological developments, among others
- Identify the major channels that are driving the global electronic warfare market, providing a clear picture about future opportunities that can be tapped, resulting in revenue expansion
- Channelize resources by focusing on the ongoing programs that are being undertaken by the defense ministries of different countries within the global electronic warfare market
- Make correct business decisions based on thorough analysis of the total competitive landscape of the sector with detailed profiles of the top electronic warfare system providers around the world which include information about their products, alliances, recent contract wins and financial analysis wherever available