Future of the Qatari Defense Industry - Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2022
Qatar is a small peninsular country with a geographical area of under 12,000sq.km and a native population of under a quarter of a million. However, it is the third largest country in the world in terms of natural gas reserves and has the highest GDP per capita. Wealthy countries such as Qatar need a strong military to reinforce their economic influence and protect their interests. The country is currently in a phase of military modernization, with the aim of keeping pace with its neighbors such as the UAE, Bahrain, and Oman.
The country’s capital expenditure is expected to increase from about US$1.4 Billion in 2017 to around US$2.7 Billion in 2022, growing at a strong CAGR of over 14.5% during the forecast period. The Qatari Defense Ministry is expected to procure attack and multi-utility helicopters, missile defense systems, fighter aircraft, main battle tanks, and early warning radar systems.
Qatari defense industry is one of the fastest-growing defense markets in the Middle East, and, due to the underdeveloped domestic defense sector, relies on foreign OEMs (original equipment manufacturers) to strengthen its defense capabilities. During 2012–2016, Qatar sourced the majority of its defense imports from companies based in the US, which dominated by fulfilling around 68% of the country’s arms imports. Aircrafts accounted for over 51% of Qatar’s arms imports, followed by missile systems and armored vehicles.
The report ""Future of the Qatari Defense Industry - Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2022"" offers detailed analysis of the Qatari defense industry with market size forecasts covering the next five years. This report will also analyze factors that influence demand for the industry, key market trends, and challenges faced by industry participants.
In particular, this report provides the following -
- The Qatari defense industry market size and drivers: detailed analysis of the Qatari defense industry during 2018–2022, including highlights of the demand drivers and growth stimulators for the industry. It also provides a snapshot of the country’s expenditure and modernization patterns.
- Budget allocation and key challenges: insights into procurement schedules formulated within the country and a breakdown of the defense budget with respect to capital expenditure and revenue expenditure. It also details the key challenges faced by defense market participants within the country.
- Porter’s Five Force analysis of the Qatari defense industry: analysis of the market characteristics by determining the bargaining power of suppliers, bargaining power of buyers, threat of substitution, intensity of rivalry, and barriers to entry.
- Import and Export Dynamics: analysis of prevalent trends in the country’s imports and exports over the last five years.
- Market opportunities: details of the top five defense investment opportunities over the next 10 years.
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights: analysis of the competitive landscape of the Qatari defense industry. It provides an overview of key players, together with insights such as key alliances, strategic initiatives, and a brief financial analysis.
Companies mentioned in this report: Lockheed Martin, Sikorsky Aircraft, Raytheon, Pilatus Aircraft Ltd.
Qatar is a small peninsular country with a geographical area of under 12,000sq.km and a native population of under a quarter of a million. However, it is the third largest country in the world in terms of natural gas reserves and has the highest GDP per capita. Wealthy countries such as Qatar need a strong military to reinforce their economic influence and protect their interests. The country is currently in a phase of military modernization, with the aim of keeping pace with its neighbors such as the UAE, Bahrain, and Oman. The main factors driving procurement in the region are the arms race in the Middle East region, modernization initiatives, and a perceived security threat from Iran. With a lack of indigenous defense capabilities and trained manpower, the country is seeking advanced defense equipment from foreign OEMs in order to provide effective protection to its strategic assets and critical infrastructure. With natural gas prices increasing, the cash rich government is focused on increasing its military expenditure, which stands at US$5.1 billion in 2017.
Reasons to buy
- This report will give the user confidence to make the correct business decisions based on a detailed analysis of the Qatari defense industry market trends for the coming five years
- The market opportunity section will inform the user about the various military requirements that are expected to generate revenues during the forecast period. The description includes technical specifications, recent orders, and the expected investment pattern by the country during the forecast period
- Detailed profiles of the top domestic and foreign defense manufacturers with information about their products, alliances, recent contract wins, and financial analysis wherever available. This will provide the user with a total competitive landscape of the sector
- A deep qualitative analysis of the Qatari defense industry covering sections including demand drivers, Porter’s Five Forces Analysis, Key Trends and Growth Stimulators, and latest industry contracts
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook