Directed Energy Weapons (DEWs) Market - Key Drivers, Trends and New Developments
Directed Energy Weapons (DEWs) are unconventional weapons which use highly focused energy in forms of light, sound, radiation and beam of atomic or subatomic particles to deter damage and destroy particular entities without causing collateral damage. Theoretically, studies on development of weapons using light and sound energy have been pursued for over centuries. The practical development of DEWs for military application initiated pre-World War II; however, the scientists then lacked substantial knowledge and resources to develop any plausible product. Following the World War II, military powers especially the US and Soviet Union emphasized on nuclear energy to boost military supremacy.
Most innovations in Directed Energy Weapons (DEWs) have been demonstrated by developed nations which maintain expeditionary forces and technical superiority. Regions such as North America and Europe have ensured continuous development of DEWs in order to improve the offensive capabilities of the armed forces and also uplift the defense capabilities against attack from hostile forces and terrorist organizations. Increasing threats of Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles (ICBM) attacks by countries such as Iran and North Korea have compelled the US and its allies to pursue DEWs at a faster pace.
Moreover, owing to the rapid progress of the Chinese military technology including DEWs, which is marching ahead to militarize space, the other major defense spenders are also focusing on enhancing their capabilities to maintain edge over the anticipated Chinese aggressions. Similarly, the DEWs market in Russia has gained momentum over the past years, which is attributed to its conflicts with the NATO countries and the U.S. anti-missile defense shields installed in Poland and Romania.
Major defense spending countries invest heavily in development and procurement of improved weaponry to take control of combat scenario, however, owing to international laws and humanitarian conditions, deployment of several of such weapons becomes a difficulty for the armed forces. As a result, the research and development, arsenal maintenance and periodic upgrades demand significant investments continually.
The report “Directed Energy Weapons (DEWs) Market - Key Drivers, Trends and New Developments” Offers analysis of the global Directed Energy Weapons (DEWs) and covers key technological and market trends in the industry, and analyzes drivers/factors influencing demand for directed energy weapons. Additionally, the report provides an overview of five top spenders in the sector including recent procurements undertaken by these countries and profiles of five major directed energy weapons manufacturers in the domain.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- Overview: Snapshot of Directed Energy Weapons (DEWs) market, including highlights of the demand drivers, trends, and technology developments. It also provides a snapshot product evolution the end users within military as well as homeland security.
- Drivers: Insights into the Directed Energy Weapons (DEWs) market and a detailed analysis of factors driving the market for each segment with segments including Homeland Security and Military.
- Trends: Insights on the prevalent trends in the sector segmented into Homeland Security and Military.
- Technology Trends and New Developments: Insights into current technical standards and new developments that will shape the market in the future.
- Country Analysis: Analysis of the five spenders that are anticipated to invest heavily in the domain, and recent programs executed by these nations.
- Company Analysis: Analysis of the five major companies that are catering to Directed Energy Weapons (DEWs) requirements in the domain.
Companies mentioned in this report: Lockheed Martin Corporation, Northrop Grumman Corporation, The Raytheon Company, BAE Systems plc and The Boeing Company.
- Large scale research initiatives being undertaken by key defense spenders across the world are a primary factor that will drive investment for Directed Energy Weapons over the coming years. Evolving military requirements to combat threats of varied range of weapons has compelled the military forces to seek development of directed energy weapons which can provide improved detection, navigation, targeting and countering such threats.
- The US, Russia and China are poised to continue driving the developments in the Directed Energy Weapons market in the coming years, however, demand for such systems has already begun exhibiting an upward trend globally. Laser weapons will continue to lead the Directed Energy Weapons market both in terms of military as well as homeland security requirements.
Reasons to buy
- Snapshot of Directed Energy Weapons (DEWs) market, including highlights of the demand drivers, trends, and technology developments.
- Insights into the Directed Energy Weapons (DEWs) market and a detailed analysis of factors driving the market for each segment with segments including Homeland Security and Military
- Determining the prevalent trends in the sector segmented into Homeland Security and Military
- Determining the current technical standards and new developments that will shape the market in the future
- Analyzing the major countries and defence companies playing significant roles in development of Directed Energy Weapons
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook