SBI estimates the U.S. market for personal protective equipment (PPE) will top $13 billion in 2012. As the economy begins to heat up, U.S. PPE sales should exceed $14.1 billion in 2013, which represents an 8.2 percent increase over the 2012 figure. The strengthening global economy should increase the growth rate in 2015 with PPE sales in the U.S. anticipated to hit $16.7 billion.
The Personal Protective Equipment sector is comprised of a group of products that are designed to protect users from occupational hazards, injuries and illnesses. Categories covered include:
- Body Protection and Protective Clothing
- Hand and Foot Protection
- Head and Face Protection
- Respiratory Protection
The report provides data on shipments, imports and exports for the personal protective equipment market and the four categories within the market. In most cases, historical data are provided for a 10-year period back to 2002. The report also identifies key economic and market trends affecting the industry and profiles key manufacturers, highlighting their strengths, performance, product portfolios and significant recent events. Also included are marketing, distribution and retail overview, outlining aspects of getting the products to market, and an end-user segment analysis.
Report data were gathered from:
What You’ll Get in this Report
- Shipment statistics for personal protective equipment —reports published by the U.S. Census Bureau, including the Annual Survey of Manufacturers (ASM) and the U.S. Economic Census
- Import and export data —the Commerce Department’s USA Trade Online website
- Revenues for manufacturers —company reports and SEC filings
- End-User data —sources include The Bureau of Labor Statistics, The Federal Bureau of Investigation, the U.S. Fire Administration and the National Fire Protection Association.
Personal Protective Equipment in the U.S. makes important predictions and recommendations regarding the future of this market, and pinpoints ways current and prospective marketers can capitalize on current trends and spearhead new ones. No other market research report provides both the comprehensive analysis and extensive data that Personal Protective Equipment in the U.S. offers. The report addresses the following:
- The Market (including market size and composition, and projected market valuation growth)
- Definition of the PPE market
- Category analyses
- End Users by major sector
- Marketing Trends
- Factors impacting market growth
- Workplace injury, illness and fatality statistics and trends
- Industry trends and opportunities
- Profiles of leading companies involved in the manufacturing, distribution and sale of PPE in the United States
Plus, you’ll benefit from extensive data, presented in easy-to-read and practical charts, tables and graphs.
How You Will Benefit from this Report
If your company is already competing in the personal protective equipment industry, or uses these products, you will find this report invaluable, as it provides a comprehensive package of information and insight not offered in any other single source. You will gain a thorough understanding of the current market, as well as projected market demand and trends through 2022.
This report will help:
- Marketing Managers identify market opportunities and develop targeted promotions plans.
- Research and development professionals stay on top of competitor initiatives and explore demand.
- Advertising agencies working with clients in the personal protective equipment industry understand the product buyer to develop messages and images that compel consumers to purchase these products.
- Business development executives understand the dynamics of the market and identify possible partnerships.
- Information and research center librarians provide market researchers, brand and product managers and other colleagues with the vital information they need to do their jobs more effectively.