Ukraine: Unstable Political and Macroeconomic Scenario Will Slow Telecom Revenue Growth Through 2020
Ukraine will be one of the largest telecom services market in the Central & Eastern Europe region, with estimated revenue of UAH 42.0bn ($1.9bn) in 2015. The revenue mix will change significantly, mostly thanks to the launch of 3G services on a large scale in 2015. Going forward, operators’ focus on 3G services and fixed network expansion and enhancement initiatives will further intensify the competition in the Ukrainian telecom market. The mobile data market will offer a considerable growth opportunity for mobile operators and operators’ focus on network expansion and quality enhancement will offer opportunities for vendors.
- The political and macroeconomic scenario is expected to remain challenging in Ukraine over the next few years, and this will cause slow telecom revenue growth through 2020. Pyramid Research forecasts service revenue to grow at a 0.1% CAGR in local currency from 2015 to 2020.
- Adoption of 3G technologies is projected to reach 43.7% of mobile subscriptions in 2020 aided by the recent 3G spectrum auction and increasing availability of compatible handsets. The government plans to introduce 4G by 2017, but a very slow LTE take-up is expected.
- Broadband penetration will reach 18.9% by 2020 compared with 14.3% in 2015. FTTH/B and xDSL will account for nearly 80% of net additions.
“Ukraine: Unstable Political and Macroeconomic Scenario Will Slow Telecom Revenue Growth Through 2020” provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Ukraine today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into the Ukrainian telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research’s databases.It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
Reasons To Buy
- Ukraine in a regional context; a comparative review of market size and trends with that of other countries in the Central and Eastern Europe region
- Economic, demographic and political context in Ukraine
- The regulatory environment and trends; a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability, and more
- A demand profile; analysis as well as forecasts and historical figures of service revenue from fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice and data, and pay-TV markets
- The service evolution; a look at the change in the breakdown of overall revenue by fixed/pay-TV and mobile sectors and by voice, data and video in the current year as well as the end of the forecast period
- The competitive landscape; an examination of key trends in competition and service providers’ performance, revenue market shares and expected moves over the next 18-24 months
- An in-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony and broadband services, mobile voice and data services, and pay-TV services; a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by technology/platform as well as operator, average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period
- Main opportunities; this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets in Ukraine
- This Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of current business strategies and future trends of the Ukrainian telecommunications and pay-TV market, service providers and key opportunities based on insights directly from the local market players in a concise format.
- The report offers executives understanding of the factors behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Ukraine mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares, to align product offerings and build proactive growth strategies to meet customer’s demand.
- The competitive landscape and the major players in the markets are given extra attention, enabling local players or prospective market entrants to gain the insight they need. The broad but detailed perspective will help telecom industry players to succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Ukraine.
- The report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality that allows it to be turned into presentable material immediately.
- The report concludes with an exploration of the opportunities available in the Ukrainian market to operators, vendors and investors.
- Executive summary
- Market and competitor overview
- Regional context
- Economic, demographic and political context
- Regulatory environment
- Demand profile
- Service evolution
- Competitive landscape
- Major market players
- Segment analysis
- Mobile services
- Fixed services
- Identifying opportunities
- Overall market opportunities
- List of Figures
- Ukrainian telecom market size and growth prospects in a regional context, 2015E
- Country indicators
- Regulatory structure and policy
- Major telecommunications policy issues
- Ukraine communications market revenue, USD , 2013-2020
- Segment revenue CAGRs, USD, 2015-2020
- Ukraine communications market revenue, UAH , 2013-2020
- Segment revenue CAGRs, UAH, 2015-2020
- Segment revenues, 2013-2020
- Service revenue mix: voice, data & video, 2015, 2020
- Service revenue mix: fixed & mobile, 2015, 2020
- Service revenue by operator, 2015
- Key telecom market players
- Major telecommunications market players
- Mobile subscriptions and penetration, 2013-2020
- Key mobile market indicators, 2015
- Mobile data revenue mix, 2015, 2020
- Total mobile ARPS; data percentage of total mobile ARPS, 2013–2020
- Mobile market shares by subscriptions, 2013-2020