USA: Increased competition for data services to continue; as M&As set to drive the content revenues and reach for the telcos
‘USA: Increased competition for data services to continue; as M&As set to drive the content revenues and reach for the telcos,’ a new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, offers a precise, incisive profile of the US mobile and fixed telecommunications and pay-TV markets based on comprehensive proprietary data and insights from our research in the US market. Published annually, this presentation-quality, executive-level report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony and broadband, mobile and pay-TV sectors, in addition to a review of key regulatory trends.
- The US telecom market generated total telecom service revenue of $415bn in 2014, registering a year-over-year increase of 2.4%. Its telecom revenue is the highest when compared to other leading countries across the world and by comparison it is more than twice the revenue of second-ranked China, which is one of the fastest growing telecom countries in the world today.
- Operators are investing in network capacity in order to meet the data demand. Pressure from Sprint's price cuts and T-Mobile's aggressive un-carrier campaign is impacting both the major players, Verizon and AT&T. As a result of increasing competition, the share of Verizon is expected to marginally decrease over the forecast period with Verizon holding 34.2% share in 2019.
- With a year-end 2014 penetration of 29.9%, broadband penetration remains high when compared to other countries such China, Japan and Russia.
- The US pay-TV market generated $103bn in service revenue in 2014. With the year-end 2014 household penetration of 84.9%, or 101.8m subscriptions.
“USA: Increased competition for data services to continue; as M&As set to drive the content revenues and reach for the telcos” provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in the US today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2019. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into the US telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research’s databases.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
Reasons To Buy
- US in a regional context; a comparative review of market size and trends with that of other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in the US.
- The regulatory environment and trends; a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile; analysis as well as forecasts and historical figures of service revenue from fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice and data, and pay-TV markets.
- The service evolution; a look at the change in the breakdown of overall revenue by fixed/pay-TV and mobile sectors and by voice, data and video in the current year as well as the end of the forecast period.
- The competitive landscape; an examination of key trends in competition and service providers’ performance, revenue market shares and expected moves over the next 18-24 months.
- An in-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony and broadband services, mobile voice and data services, and pay-TV services; a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by technology/platform as well as operator, average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities; this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in the US telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- This Country Intelligence Report helps executives build proactive, profitable growth strategies by offering comprehensive, relevant analysis of the US telecommunications and pay-TV markets based on insights directly from the local market players.
- The report offers a wealth of data on the telecom and pay-TV markets, with the mobile and fixed segments examined in detail.
- The competitive landscape and the major players are given extra attention, enabling local players or prospective market entrants to gain the insight they need.
- The broad but detailed perspective will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players to succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in the US.
- The report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality that allows it to be turned into presentable material immediately.
- The report concludes with an exploration of the opportunities available in the US market to operators, vendors and investors."
- Executive summary
- Market and competitor overview
- Global context
- Economic, demographic and political context
- Regulatory environment
- Demand profile
- Service evolution
- Competitive landscape
- Major market players
- Segment analysis
- Mobile services
- Fixed services
- Identifying opportunities
- Overall market opportunities