Ghana: Spectrum Auction and New License Framework Will Drive Competition and Innovation
‘Ghana: Spectrum Auction and New License Framework Will Drive Competition and Innovation,’ a new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, offers a precise, incisive profile of Ghana’s mobile and fixed telecommunications markets based on comprehensive proprietary data and insights from our research in the Ghanaian market. Published annually, this presentation-quality, executive-level report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband and mobile sectors, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
- In 2014, Ghana was the 22nd largest telecom services market in the Africa & Middle East (AME) region, with estimated revenue of $1.2bn, a 24.5% decrease compared with the previous year in US dollar terms. In local currency however, the sector expanded by 10.4%.
- Pyramid Research expects to see overall service revenue decline at a -0.8% CAGR in dollar terms (11.4% CAGR in local currency) between 2014 and 2019. The fixed/mobile revenue split will be heavily weighted toward mobile services over the forecast period, with the share of fixed services down by 2.2 percentage points to 96.7% between 2014 and 2019.
- The data market in Ghana remains underdeveloped by regional standards, suggesting there is significant room for growth in this segment for operators. For vendors, we anticipate significant opportunities around LTE deployments and the market for 3G and 4G devices.
This report provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Ghana today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2019. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Ghana’s telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research’s databases.The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
Reasons To Buy
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Ghana compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Ghana.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice and mobile data.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2014 to 2019.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Ghana’s telecommunications markets.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Ghana’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying Pyramid Research’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Ghana’s mobile communications, fixed telephony/VoIP and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Ghana’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Ghana.
TC0343MR - SP.pdf
- Executive summary
- Market and competitor overview
- Regional context
- Economic, demographic and political context
- Regulatory environment
- Demand profile
- Service evolution
- Competitive landscape
- Major market players
- Segment analysis
- Mobile services
- Fixed services
- Identifying opportunities
- Overall market opportunities