PLUNKETT'S WIRELESS, WI-FI, RFID & CELLULAR INDUSTRY ALMANAC 2019
- Plunkett Research analyzes the major trends and technologies in the global Wireless, Wi-Fi, RFID & Cellular sectors. In addition, Plunkett profiles hundreds of the industry’s top firms.
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Buyer may register for free access to search and export data at Plunkett Research Online
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 11
Companies Profiled: 288
Geographic Focus: Global
A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms. You will gain vital insights that can help you shape your own strategy for business development, product development and investments.
Contents, Statistics, Forecasts and Analysis Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
Major Trends in the Wireless, Wi-Fi, RFID & Cellular Industry
1) Introduction to the Wireless Industry
2) 3G and 4G Networks Rollout Worldwide/ 5G on the Horizon/Massive Investments Required
3) Wi-Fi Enables Wireless Traffic Growth
4) Google, Cablevision, FreedomPop and Republic Wireless Bypass Cellular Networks with Wi-Fi
5) Wireless Service Subscriptions Worldwide Top 8.2 Billion
6) RFID Drives Inventory Management Evolution
7) RFID Helps Manage Hospital and Pharmacy Inventories
8) Telemedicine and Remote Patient Monitoring Rely on Wireless
9) Self-Check-In Kiosks, RFID and Wireless Technologies Save Costs and Enhance Travelers’ Experiences at Airlines
10) Hotels Adopt Smartphones and In-Room Tablets to Deliver Services, Speed Check-In and Replace Room Keys
11) Wireless Information Systems Surge Ahead in Vehicles: Telematics, ITS and Real-Time Traffic Information
12) In Emerging Nations, mChek and M-PESA Enable Remote Banking via Cellphone
13) Smartphones and Financial Technology (FinTech) Enable New Mobile Payment Methods
14) Mobile Videos and TV Gain Smartphone Users
15) Location-Based Services (LBS) Enhance Smartphones and Mobile Advertising
16) Global Mobile Apps Revenues Hit $58.6 Billion Yearly
17) In-Flight Wireless Takes Off
18) The “Internet of Things” (IoT) and M2M: Wireless Sensors to Boom, Aided by Nanotechnology
19) Nanotechnology & MEMS Applications in Optics and Displays Lead to a Breakthrough in Wireless Device Screens
20) Carriers Reinstate Unlimited Access Plans for Smartphones/Face Intense Subscription Price Competition
21) Voice and Face Recognition Change the Wireless World/Enable New Levels of User Interaction
22) Wearable Sensors Track Exercise Data/Apparel and Shoe Manufacturers Adopt Technologies
23) Light-Weight Satellites and Project Loon Balloons Studied for Internet Access and Whole-Earth Imaging
24) Smart Cities Utilize Big Data, Sensors and Advanced Technologies to Increase Efficiencies of All Kinds/Massive Business Opportunities Emerge
25) Overview of the Mobile Apps IndustryWireless, Wi-Fi, RFID & Cellular Industry Statistics
1) Wireless, Wi-Fi, RFID & Cellular Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
2) Internet Access Technologies Compared
3) Wireless Quick Facts, U.S.: 2008-2016
4) Wireless Standards & Speeds
5) Number of Business & Residential High Speed Internet Lines, U.S.: 2011-2017
6) Top Mobile Operators by Number of Subscribers, Worldwide
7) Wireless Telecommunications Carriers (except Satellite): Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2014-2017
8) Satellite Telecommunications: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2013-2016
9) Wireless Telecommunications Industry (except Satellite) Employment, U.S.: 2009- April 2018