PLUNKETT'S WIRELESS, WI-FI, RFID & CELLULAR INDUSTRY ALMANAC 2018
- Plunkett Research lists top 300 companies in Wireless, Wi-Fi, RFID & Cellular and names top trends changing the industry for the mid term.
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Buyer may register for free access to search and export data at Plunkett Research Online
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided:11Companies Profiled:
Geographic Focus: Global
A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms.You will gain vital insights that can help you shape your own strategy for business development, product development and investments.
Contents, Statistics, Forecasts and Analysis Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
Major Trends in the Wireless, Wi-Fi, RFID & Cellular Industry
1) Introduction to the Wireless Industry
2) 3G and 4G Networks Rollout Worldwide/ 5G on the Horizon/Massive Investments Required
3) Wi-Fi Enables Wireless Traffic Growth
4) Google, Cablevision, FreedomPop and Republic Wireless Bypass Cellular Networks withWi-Fi
5) Wireless Service Subscriptions Worldwide Top 7.9 Billion
6) Handset Makers Adopt Android, Push Advanced 3G and 4G Smartphones
7) RFID Drives Inventory Management Evolution
8) RFID Helps Manage Hospital and Pharmacy Inventories
9) Telemedicine and Remote Patient Monitoring Rely on Wireless
10) Self-Check-In Kiosks, RFID and Wireless Technologies Save Costs and Enhance Travelers’ Experiences at Airlines
11) Hotels Adopt Smartphones and In-Room Tablets to Deliver Services, Speed Check-In and Replace Room Keys
12) Wireless Information Systems Surge Ahead in Vehicles: Telematics, ITS and Real-TimeTraffic Information
13) In Emerging Nations, mChek and M-PESA Enable Remote Banking via Cellphone
14) Smartphones and Financial Technology (FinTech) Enable New Mobile Payment Methods
15) Near Field Communications (NFC) Changes Credit and Debit Cards
16) Chinese, Indian and African Cellphone Markets Skyrocket
17) Mobile Devices Are Fastest Growing Platform for Electronic Games
18) Tablets and Smartphones Cause Decline in PC and Laptop Market
19) Mobile Videos and TV Gain Smartphone Users
20) Location-Based Services (LBS) Enhance Smartphones and Mobile Advertising
21) Global Mobile Apps Revenues to Hit $77 Billion Yearly in 2017
22) In-Flight Wireless Takes Off
23) The “Internet of Things” (IoT) and M2M: Wireless Sensors to Boom, Aided byNanotechnology
24) Nanotechnology & MEMS Applications in Optics and Displays Lead to a Breakthrough in Wireless Device Screens
25) Carriers Reinstate Unlimited Access Plans for Smartphones/Face Intense SubscriptionPrice Competition
26) Voice Recognition Changes the Wireless World/Enables New Bots and Hardware
27) Wearable Sensors Track Exercise Data/Apparel and Shoe Manufacturers AdoptTechnologies
28) Light-Weight Satellites and Project Loon Balloons Studied for Internet Access and Whole- Earth Imaging
29) Smart Cities Utilize Big Data, Sensors and Advanced Technologies to Increase Efficiencies of All Kinds/Massive Business Opportunities Emerge
30) Overview of the Mobile Apps IndustryWireless, Wi-Fi, RFID & Cellular Industry Statistics
1) Wireless, Wi-Fi, RFID & Cellular Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
2) Internet Access Technologies Compared
3) Wireless Quick Facts, U.S.: 2008-2016
4) Wireless Standards & Speeds
5) Number of Business & Residential High Speed Internet Lines, U.S.: 2011-2016
6) Top Mobile Operators by Number of Subscribers, Worldwide
7) Wireless Telecommunications Carriers (except Satellite): Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2013-2016
8) Satellite Telecommunications: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2011-2015
9) Wireless Telecommunications Industry (except Satellite) Employment, U.S.: 2008- March 2017