PLUNKETT'S TRANSPORTATION, SUPPLY CHAIN & LOGISTICS INDUSTRY ALMANAC 2019
- Plunkett Research lists top 500 companies in Transportation, Supply Chain and Logistics and names top trends changing the industry for the mid term.
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 34
Companies Profiled: 473
Geographic Focus: Global
A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms. You will gain vital insights that can help you shape your own strategy for business development, product development and investments.
Contents, Statistics, Forecasts and Analysis Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
Major Trends Affecting the Transportation, Supply Chain & Logistics Industry
1. Introduction to the Transportation, Supply Chain & Logistics Industry
2. 3PL Logistics Services and Supply Chain Management Services
3. FedEx, UPS & DHL Compete in Global in Shipping and Logistics/Amazon.com Begins to Fulfill its Own Shipping Needs
4. Trucking Companies Enjoy Dominant Market Share, Focus on Driver Challenges and Regulatory Issues
5. Freight Railways Invest in Infrastructure and Safety
6. China Makes Immense Investments in Railroads, Highways, Airports & Silk Road
7. High Speed Passenger Trains, Including Maglev, Advance in China and Europe
8. U.S. Passenger Train Projects Receive Funding, Including Light Rail and All Aboard Florida
9. Ships Get Bigger and More Efficient as Freighter Overcapacity Hits the Shipping Industry
10. Ports and Canals Expand to Accommodate Larger Vessels
11. Discount Airlines Compete with Legacy Airlines, but the Differences Are Beginning to Blur
12. Boeing and Airbus Have Massive Aircraft Order Backlogs/Major Aircraft Market in China
13. New Aircraft Designs Offer Greater Passenger Comfort/More Efficient Engines
14. Air Traffic Grows/Airports Expand/Asia Has Strong Air Traffic
15. New Technologies Show Promise for Port and Airport Security
16. RFID Drives Inventory Management Evolution
17. Wireless Information Systems Surge Ahead in Vehicles: Telematics, ITS and Real Time Traffic Information
18. India’s Transportation Infrastructure Needs Billions of Dollars in Construction
19. Car Sharing Programs Like Zipcar and Autolib, AKA Mobility Services, Proliferate
20. Uber and Didi Dominate the Car on Demand (Raid Hailing) Industry
21. Self-Driving, Autonomous Cars Receive Massive Investments in Research and Development Worldwide
22. Bicycle Sharing Grows in Major Cities, But Finances Are Challenging
23. Smart Cities Utilize Sensors and Artificial Intelligence (AI) to Increase Efficiencies/The Internet of Things (IoT) Boosts Potential
24. Robotics, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Automation Revolutionize Supply Chain and Logistics Systems
25. The Future of Transportation and Supply Chains: Massive Investments in Infrastructure, Mobility Services and HyperloopTransportation, Supply Chain & Logistics Industry Statistics
1. Transportation Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
2. Estimated U.S. Core Transportation Sector Revenues 1990-2018
3. U.S. Transportation & Warehousing Industry Revenues: 2015-Q3 2018
4. U.S. Transportation & Warehousing Industry Expenses: 2014-2017
5. Top 50 Countries Providing U.S. Imports: 2011-2018
6. Top 50 Countries Receiving U.S. Exports: 2011-2018
7. Top 30 U.S. Customs Ports by Waterborne Foreign Container Trade: 2015-2017
8. Top 30 U.S. Customs Ports by Waterborne Foreign Container Import: 2015-2017
9. Top 30 U.S. Customs Ports by Waterborne Foreign Container Export: 2015-2017
10. U.S.-Canadian Border Land-Freight Gateways: Number of Incoming Truck or Rail Container Crossings: 2017-2018
11. U.S.-Mexican Border Land-Freight Gateways: Number of Incoming Truck or Rail Container Crossings: 2017-2018
12. Truck Transportation Industry, U.S.: Estimated Revenue by Commodities Handled: 2015-2017
13. Truck Transportation Industry, U.S.: Estimated Truck Inventories: 2013-2017
14. Retail On-Highway Diesel vs. Regular Gasoline Prices, U.S.: January 1995-March 2019
15. Top 10 U.S. Airlines & Airports Ranked by 2018 System Scheduled Enplanements
16. Quarterly U.S. Scheduled Service Passenger Airlines Financial Reports: 3rd Quarter 2017-3rd Quarter 2018
17. Annual U.S. Domestic Average Itinerary Air Fare: 1995-2018
18. U.S. Aviation Industry Average Annual Percentage Growth Forecasts by World Region: 2017-2038
19. Total Scheduled U.S. International Passenger Traffic, U.S. Commercial Air Carriers: 2010-2038
20. Air Carrier Traffic Statistics, U.S.: 12 Months Ended November 2018 and November 2017
21. Air Carrier Traffic Statistics, U.S.: 1996- November 2018
22. U.S. Airline Revenue Passenger Enplanements: January 1996- January 2019
23. U.S. Airline Passenger Activity: 2010-2038
24. Domestic Airline Fuel Cost, U.S.: January 1986- January 2019
25. Average Freight Revenue Per Ton-mile, U.S.: 2000-2017
26. Transportation Services Index, U.S.: January 2000- January 2019
27. Personal Transportation Expenditures, U.S.: 2010-2017
28. Federal R&D & R&D Plant Funding for Transportation, U.S.: Fiscal Years 2017-2019
29. Transportation Industry Employment by Business Type, U.S.: 2014-January 2019"