PLUNKETT'S TELECOMMUNICATIONS INDUSTRY ALMANAC 2021
Plunkett Research analyzes the major trends and technologies in the global Telecommunications industry. In addition, Plunkett profiles hundreds of the industry’s top firms.
Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
Link to 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 20
Companies Profiled: 357
Geographic Focus: Global
A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms. You will gain vital insights that can help you shape your own strategy for business development, product development and investments.
How is the industry evolving?
How is the industry being shaped by new technologies
How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
What is the size of the market now and in the future?
What are the financial results of the leading companies?
What are the names and titles of top executives?
What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
Contents, Statistics, Forecasts and Analysis Include:
Major Trends Affecting the Telecommunications Industry
1. Introduction to the Telecommunications Industry
2. The Coronavirus’ Effect on the Telecommunications Industry
3. Landline Subscribers Cancel Service; Bundled Services Pick Up Some of the Slack/AT&T Acquisition of Time Warner Shakes Up Telecom and Entertainment Industries
4. 5G Wireless Networks to Rollout Worldwide, Enabling the Internet of Things (IoT)/Massive Investments Required
5. Wi-Fi Enables Wireless Traffic Growth, Including the Internet of Things (IoT)
6. Chinese, Indian and African Cellphone Markets Skyrocket
7. Wireless Service Subscriptions Worldwide Reach 8.7 Billion
8. Handset Makers Adopt Android, Push Advanced 4G and 5G Smartphones
9. VOIP (Telephony over the Internet) Continues To Revolutionize the Telecommunications Industry
10. Telecom Equipment Makers Face Intense Competition from Manufacturers in China/Huawei Faces Controversy
11. Telecom Companies, Including AT&T and Verizon, Compete Fiercely Against Cable in the TV, Internet and Telephone Market
12. Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH) Gains Traction
13. Global Internet Market Tops 4.6 Billion Users/Ultrafast Broadband Expands, both Fixed and Wireless
14. Telecommunications Systems Move Online Including Unified Communications, Telepresence
15. Carriers Reinstate Unlimited Access Plans for Smartphones/Face Intense Subscription Price Competition
16. Smaller Satellites (SmallSats and CubeSats) and Low Earth Orbit Revolutionize Telecommunications
17. The Internet of Things (IoT) and M2M to Boom, Enhanced by Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Telecommunications Industry Statistics
1. Telecommunications Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
2. Quarterly Telecommunications Industry Revenue by Class of Customer, U.S.: 2nd Quarter 2019-1st Quarter 2020
3. Wired Telecommunications Carriers, Estimated Sources of Revenue, U.S.: 2015-2019
4. Wired Telecommunications Carriers, Estimated Breakdown of Revenue by Type of Customer, U.S.: 2015-2018
5. Wired Telecommunications Carriers, Estimated Sources of Expenses, U.S.: 2015-2018
6. The Baby Bells Then & Now
7. Total Retail Local Telephone Service Connections, U.S.: 2015-2018
8. U.S. Households With & Without Telephone Service, including Wireless: November 1983-July 2019
9. Annual Personal Consumption Expenditures on Telecommunications, U.S.: Selected Years,1980-2018
10. Wireless Telecommunications Carriers (except Satellite): Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2015-2019
11. Top Mobile Operators by Number of Subscribers, Worldwide
12. Internet Access Technologies Compared
13. Wireless Standards & Speeds
14. Satellite Telecommunications: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2015-2018
15. Number of Business & Residential High Speed Internet Lines, U.S.: 2014-2019
16. Exports & Imports of Telecommunications Equipment, U.S.: 2014-1st Quarter 2020
17. Employment in the Telecommunications Industry, U.S.: 1990-April 2020
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook