PLUNKETT'S TELECOMMUNICATIONS INDUSTRY ALMANAC 2019
- Plunkett Research analyzes the major trends and technologies in the global Telecommunications industry. In addition, Plunkett profiles hundreds of the industry’s top firms
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Buyer may register for free access to search and export data at Plunkett Research Online
- Link to 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 20
Companies Profiled: 357
Geographic Focus: Global
A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms. You will gain vital insights that can help you shape your own strategy for business development, product development and investments.
Contents, Statistics, Forecasts and Analysis Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
Major Trends Affecting the Telecommunications Industry
1) Introduction to the Telecommunications Industry
2) Landline Subscribers Cancel Service; Bundled Services Pick Up Some of the Slack/AT&T Acquisition of Time Warner Shakes Up Telecom and Entertainment Industries
3) 3G and 4G Networks Rollout Worldwide/5G on the Horizon/Massive Investments Required
4) Wi-Fi Enables Wireless Traffic Growth
5) Chinese, Indian and African Cellphone Markets Skyrocket
6) Wireless Service Subscriptions Worldwide Top 8 Billion
7) Handset Makers Adopt Android, Push Advanced 3G and 4G Smartphones
8) VOIP (Telephony over the Internet) Continues To Revolutionize the Telecommunications Industry
9) Telecom Equipment Makers Face Intense Competition from Manufacturers in China
10) Telecom Companies, Including AT&T and Verizon, Compete Fiercely Against Cable in the TV, Internet and Telephone Market
11) Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH) Gains Traction
12) Global Internet Market Tops 4.2 Billion Users/Ultrafast Broadband Expands, both Fixed and Wireless
13) Telecommunications Systems Move Online Including Unified Communications, Telepresence
14) Carriers Reinstate Unlimited Access Plans for Smartphones/Face Intense Subscription Price Competition
15) Light-Weight Satellites, Solar-Powered Drones and Giant Helium Balloons Studied for Internet Access and Whole Earth Imaging
16) The “Internet of Things” (IoT) and M2M: Wireless Sensors to Boom, Aided by NanotechnologyTelecommunications Industry Statistics
1) Telecommunications Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
2) Quarterly Telecommunications Industry Revenue by Class of Customer, U.S.:2nd Quarter 2017-1st Quarter 2018
3) Wired Telecommunications Carriers, Estimated Sources of Revenue, U.S.: 2013-2017
4) Wired Telecommunications Carriers, Estimated Breakdown of Revenue by Type of Customer, U.S.: 2013-2016
5) Wired Telecommunications Carriers, Estimated Sources of Expenses, U.S.: 2013-2016
6) The Baby Bells Then & Now
7) Total Retail Local Telephone Service Connections, U.S.: 2013-2016
8) U.S. Households With & Without Telephone Service, including Wireless: November 1983-July 2017
9) Annual Personal Consumption Expenditures on Telecommunications, U.S.: Selected Years, 1980-2017
10) Wireless Telecommunications Carriers (except Satellite): Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2014-2017
11) Top Mobile Operators by Number of Subscribers, Worldwide
12) Internet Access Technologies Compared
13) Wireless Standards & Speeds
14) Satellite Telecommunications: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2013-2016
15) Number of Business & Residential High Speed Internet Lines, U.S.: 2012-2017
16) Exports & Imports of Telecommunications Equipment, U.S.: 2012-1st Quarter 2018
17) Employment in the Telecommunications Industry, U.S.: 1990-May 2018