PLUNKETT'S SPORTS INDUSTRY ALMANAC 2019
- Plunkett Research analyzes the major trends and technologies in the global Sports industry. In addition, Plunkett profiles hundreds of the industry’s top firms Key Features:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Buyer may register for free access to search and export data at Plunkett Research Online
- Link to our 5-minutes video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 11
Companies Profiled: 373
Geographic Focus: Global
A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms. You will gain vital insights that can help you shape your own strategy for business development, product development and investments.
Contents, Statistics, Forecasts and Analysis Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
Major Trends Affecting the Sports & Recreation Industry
1) Introduction to the Sports & Recreation Industry
2) NFL (National Football League): The Biggest Money in U.S. Sports
3) Broadcasting Fees, Digital Access and Investment Savvy Boost MLB (Major League Baseball)
4) NBA (National Basketball Association) Regroups Under a Collective Bargaining Agreement
5) NHL (National Hockey League) Team Differences Result in Financial Haves and Have-Nots
6) Television Rights Contracts Bring in Lucrative Revenues for Major Sports Leagues
7) Soccer (Football) Leagues in the U.S. and Europe Reap Significant Revenues and Sponsorships
8) New Sports Stadiums Launched in the U.S./Stadium Sponsorships Offset Costs
9) NCAA College Sports Are Big Revenue Earners
10) PGA (Professional Golf Association) Tournaments Grow in International Markets/Golf Returns to the Olympics
11) Fantasy Sports Post Growth, with 59.3 Million Players
12) eSports: Electronic Games Become Spectator Sports
13) Sports Equipment Manufacturers Offer the Latest High-Tech Advantages
14) Wearable Sensors Track Exercise Data/Apparel and Shoe Manufacturers Adopt Technologies
15) Sports Agents Become Indispensable/ Sports Marketing Booms in China
16) New Video Game Console Technologies and Features Boost Sales
17) Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality and 3-D Games Create Opportunities in the Tech Industry/Immersion Games to Grow
18) Bicycle Sharing Grows in Major Cities, But Finances Are Challenging
19) Aging Baby Boomers Will Cause Significant Changes in the Leisure Sector, Including Sports and Activity-Based Travel
20) Athletic Footwear Sales Boom, Drawing Big Names from Athletes to Designers
21) The Vast Majority of Shoes Sold in the U.S. Are Made Elsewhere
22) 3-D Printing and Robotics Revolutionize Manufacture of Shoes and Fabrics
23) Exercise Apparel Sales Rise/Athleisure Clothing Sales Soar
24) Sports Equipment and Social Media Converge
25) The Future of the Sports Industry Will Be Shaped by Technologies and DemographicsSports & Recreation Industry Statistics
1) Sports & Recreation Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
2) Estimated Size of the Entire Sports Industry, U.S. 2007-2017
3) Global Sports Industry Revenues, 2016-2017
4) Selected U.S. Sports Industry Revenues: 2011-2017
5) Sports Industry, Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2012-2016
6) U.S. Spectator Sports, Performing Arts & Related Industries, Breakdown of Expenses: 2013-2016
7) Estimated Annual Sporting Goods Stores Retail Sales, Inventories & Purchases, U.S.: 2009-2017
8) Estimated Monthly Sporting Goods Stores Retail Sales, U.S.: 1992-March 2018
9) Exports of Sporting & Athletic Equipment, U.S.: 2011-2017
10) Imports of Sporting & Athletic Equipment, U.S.: 2011-2017
11) Overview of the Media Contracts of the Four Big Sports Leagues
12) Sports Industry Employment by Business Type, U.S.: 2014-2018