PLUNKETT'S SHARING & GIG ECONOMY, FREELANCE WORKERS & ON-DEMAND DELIVERY INDUSTRY ALMANAC 2021
- Plunkett Research profiles hundreds of the world’s top companies in the Sharing & Gig Economy, Freelance Workers & On-Demand Delivery business and analyzes top trends changing the industry for the mid term.
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 6
Companies Profiled: 150
Geographic Focus: Global
A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms. You will gain vital insights that can help you shape your own strategy for business development, product development and investments.
Contents, Statistics, Forecasts and Analysis Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
Major Trends Affecting the Sharing & Gig Economy, Freelance Workers & On-Demand Delivery Industry
1. Introduction to the Sharing & Gig Economy Industry
2. The Coronavirus’ Effect on the Sharing & Gig Economy
3. The Sharing & Gig Economy’s Effect on Employment, Work Life and Careers
4. Gig Workers/Drivers’ Rights & Employment Status Evolve
5. Repairs, Errand-Running, Pet Walking and Assembly-on-Demand Businesses Evolve
6. Sharing Economy Gains Market Share in Travel with Online Sites Like Airbnb, HomeAway and Many Global Competitors
7. Private Jet Sharing and Rentals Grow
8. Uber and Didi Dominate the Car on Demand (Ride Hailing) Industry
9. Self-Driving, Autonomous Cars Receive Massive Investments in Research and Development Worldwide
10. Bicycle Sharing Grows in Major Cities, But Finances Are Challenging
11. Demand for Home Grocery Delivery Service Such as Instacart and Amazon Fresh Soars
12. Meal Kits from Firms like Blue Apron Make It Easy to Prepare Home-Cooked Meals
13. Grubhub, DoorDash and Others Deliver Restaurant Meals to Homes
14. Fashion Rental Pioneered by Online Apparel Firm Rent the Runway
15. Shared Spaces for Co-Living and Co-Working Face Challenges
16. Gig Economy and Self-Driving Cars Pose Insurance Challenges and Underwriting Opportunities
17. The Future of the Sharing Economy and Gig Workforce: Regulation, Benefits, Licensing and Soaring GrowthSharing & Gig Economy Industry Statistics
1. Sharing and Gig Economy Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
2. Ride-Hailing Services Adoption Demographics, U.S.: 2015 vs. 2018
3. Persons Not in the Labor Force and Multiple Jobholders by Sex, U.S.: 2019-2020
4. Share of U.S. Adults Performing Gig Work: 2019
5. U.S. Gig Workers, by Age and Activity: 2018