PLUNKETT'S ENTERTAINMENT & MEDIA INDUSTRY ALMANAC 2018
- Plunkett Research lists top 500 companies in Entertainment & Media Industry and names top trends changing the industry for the mid term.
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Buyer may register for free access to search and export data at Plunkett Research Online
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 17
Companies Profiled: 408
Geographic Focus: Global
A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms. You will gain vital insights that can help you shape your own strategy for business development, product development and investments.
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
Contents, Statistics, Forecasts and Analysis Include:
Major Trends Affecting the Entertainment & Media Industry
1) Introduction to the Entertainment & Media Industry
2) TVs are Internet Ready/Game Consoles and Set Top Accessories Like Roku and Chromecast Stream Content
3) DVR Market Evolves/Time-Shifting Hurts Advertisers
4) Apple’s iTunes Set the Standard in the Music Industry, but Digital Sales Slow
5) Pandora and Spotify Lead in Streaming Music Via Internet Radio but Face New Challenge from Apple Music/SiriusXM Tops 31 Million Subscribers
6) Broadcast Radio Stations on the Internet/The Era of Digital Radio Begins
7) New Video Game Console Technologies and Features Boost Sales
8) Reality TV Dominates Broadcast Programming/Falling Ratings Force Networks to Find New Ways to Distribute Content
9) Cable and Satellite TV Struggle with Cord-Cutting/Cheaper Streaming Options Proliferate, Including Netflix
10) Telecom Companies, Including AT&T and Verizon, Compete Fiercely Against Cable in the TV, Internet and Telephone Market
11) Television Ads Evolve to Face New Challenges, Formats and Online Competitors
12) Movie Attendance Is Steady/Film Companies Innovate with Digital Projection and Enhanced Cinema Experiences
13) China and India Expand Film and TV Production Activity
14) Global Internet Market Tops 3.5 Billion Users/Ultrafast Broadband Expands, both Fixed and Wireless
15) Entertainment-Based Retailing, including Power Towns
16) Mobile Videos and TV Gain Smartphone Users
17) Newspapers and Magazines See Excellent Growth in in Digital Editions and Apps
18) Tablets and Smartphones Cause Decline in PC and Laptop Computer Market
19) Virtual Worlds Provide Revenue for Games Publishers
20) Virtual Reality and 3-D Games Open New Opportunities/Immersion Games to Grow
21) Revenues Are Strong for MMORPGs, Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games
22) Global Mobile Apps Revenues to Hit $77 Billion Yearly in 2017
23) Theme Parks Draw Major Investment in China
24) Embedded LTE Wi-Fi and Onboard Apps Incorporated by Auto Makers in New Car Infotainment SystemsEntertainment & Media Industry Statistics
1) Entertainment & Media Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
2) Estimated U.S. Information & Entertainment Sector Revenues by NAICS Code: 2011-2016
3) Estimated U.S. Arts, Entertainment & Recreation Services Sector Revenues by NAICS Code: 2011-2016
4) Personal Consumption Expenditures for Recreation, U.S.: Selected Years, 2000-2015
5) Newspaper Publishers: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2011-2016
6) Periodical Publishers: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2011-2016
7) Book Publishers: Estimated Sources of Revenue, Inventories & Expenses, U.S.: 2011-2016
8) Motion Picture & Video Industries: Estimated Sources of Revenue, U.S.: 2011-2016
9) Sound Recording Industries: Estimated Sources of Revenue, U.S.: 2011-2016
10) Radio Networks & Radio Stations: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2011-2016
11) Television Broadcasting: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2011-2016
12) Cable & Other Subscription Programming: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2011-2016
13) Internet Publishing & Broadcasting & Web Search Portals: Estimated Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2011-2016
14) Number of Business & Residential High Speed Internet Lines, U.S.: 2011-2016
15) Estimated Export Revenue for Information Sector Firms, U.S.: 2011-2015
16) Employment & Earnings in Selected Entertainment & Media Occupations, U.S.: May 2015
17) Employment in Selected Information & Entertainment Industries, U.S.: 2011-October 2016