Plunkett's Sharing & Gig Economy, Freelance Workers & On-Demand Delivery Industry Almanac 2018: Sharing & Gig Economy, Freelance Workers & On-Demand Delivery Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Plunkett Research profiles hundreds of the world’s top companies in the Sharing & Gig Economy, Freelance Workers & On-Demand Delivery business and analyzes top trends changing the industry for the mid term.
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 6
Companies Profiled: 150
Geographic Focus: Global
A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms. You will gain vital insights that can help you shape your own strategy for business development, product development and investments.
Contents, Statistics, Forecasts and Analysis Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
Major Trends Affecting the Sharing & Gig Economy, Freelance Workers & On-Demand Delivery
1) Introduction to the Sharing & Gig Economy Industry
2) The Sharing & Gig Economy’s Effect on Employment, Work Life and Careers
3) Demand for E-Commerce Deliveries and On-Demand Car Hailing Services Spurs Gig Economy Worker Demand
4) Repairs, Errand-Running and Assembly-on-Demand Businesses Thrive
5) “Sharing Economy” Gains Market Share in Travel with Online Sites Like Airbnb, HomeAway and Many Global Competitors
6) Private Jet Sharing and Rentals Grow
7) Car Sharing Programs Like Zipcar and Autolib, AKA Mobility Services, Proliferate
8) Uber and Didi Dominate the Car on Demand (Ride Hailing) Industry
9) Self-Driving, Autonomous Cars Receive Massive Investments in Research and Development Worldwide
10) Bicycle Sharing Grows in Major Cities, But Finances Are Challenging
11) Manhattan’s FreshDirect Sets the Pace in Grocery Sales Over the Internet/Amazon Competes in Groceries
12) Meal Kits from Firms like Blue Apron Make it Easy to Prepare Home-Cooked Meals Without Shopping at Supermarkets
13) Grubhub, DoorDash and Others Deliver Restaurant Meals to Customers’ Homes and Offices
14) Fashion Rental Grows Thanks to Online Apparel Pioneer Rent the Runway
15) Co-Living and Co-Working Catch on in Urban Areas
16) The Future of the Sharing Economy and Gig WorkforceSharing & Gig Economy Industry Statistics
1) Sharing and Gig Economy Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
2) Shared or On-Demand Online Service Activities, U.S.: 2015
3) Ride-Hailing Services Adoption Demographics, U.S.: 2015
4) Home-Sharing Services Adoption Demographics, U.S.: 2015
5) Crowdfunding Platforms Adoption Demographics, U.S.: 2015
6) Persons Not in the Labor Force and Multiple Jobholders by Sex, U.S.: 2016-2017