PLUNKETT'S RETAIL INDUSTRY ALMANAC 2017
- Plunkett Research lists top 500 companies in retail and names the top trends changing the industry for the mid term.
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Buyer may register for free access to search and export data at Plunkett Research Online
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 15
Companies Profiled: 492
Geographic Focus: Global
A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms. You will gain vital insights that can help you shape your own strategy for business development, product development and investments.
Contents, Statistics, Forecasts and Analysis Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
Major Trends Affecting the Retail Industry
1) Introduction to the Retail Industry
2) Wal-Mart Still Dominates, but Faces Slowing Revenue Growth
3) Department Stores Reposition for Today’s Consumer While Outlet Stores Proliferate
4) Warehouse Clubs and Discount Department Stores Battle for Market Share
5) Private Label Brands Grow in Share of Total Store Sales
6) Diverse Selling Techniques Boost Direct Marketers and Non-Store Sales
7) Apple Sets the Bar for Showcase Stores and Super-Merchandisers
8) For the Long-Term in the U.S., Consumers Increase Savings/Less Inclined to Use Debt
9) Bricks, Clicks and Catalogs Create Synergies While Online Sales Growth Surges
10) Retail Technologies Advance for Store Checkout & Restaurant Orders/Apps & Location Based Ads Drive Sales
11) Retailers Offer Expedited Delivery to Compete with Amazon
12) RFID Drives Inventory Management Evolution
13) Smartphones and Financial Technology (FinTech) Enable New Mobile Payment Methods
14) Near Field Communications (NFC) Changes Credit and Debit Cards
15) Self-Service Apparel Fitting Technologies Grow in Stores and Online
16) Retailers Look for Long-Term Growth in Emerging Markets, Including China, India and Brazil
17) Retail Center Occupancy Is High, with Sales Rising in Upscale Malls
18) Entertainment-Based Retailing, including Power Towns
19) Malls Remodel to Boost Sales and Attract Shoppers/Store Visitor Counts Are Disappointing
20) Fast Fashion: Designers and Retailers Speed Up
21) LOHAS- Socially Conscious Consumers Create Challenges and Opportunities for Advertisers and Marketer
22) Plus Sizes Market Evolves to Serve Overweight Consumers
23) Discount Clothing Retailers See Promise in Designer Lines
24) Luxury Apparel and Accessories Face a Slower Market in China but the Worst May Be Over
25) Luxury Apparel, Accessories and Consumer Products Lines Compete for Growth
26) How to Interpret Reports of Retail SalesRetail Industry Statistics
1)U.S. Retail Industry Overview
2)Annual Consumer Price Index, 1930-2016