PLUNKETT'S RESTAURANT, HOTEL & HOSPITALITY INDUSTRY ALMANAC 2022
A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms within the Restaurant, Hotel & Hospitality Industry. Gain vital insights that can help shape strategy for business development, product development and investments.
Additional Key Features Include:
- Business trends analysis
- In-depth industry overview
- Technology trends analysis
- Spending, investment, and consumption discussions
- In-depth industry statistics and metrics
- Industry employment numbers
Industry Contacts list, including Professional Societies and Industry AssociationsProfiles of industry-leading companies
- U.S. and Global Firms
- Publicly held, Private and Subsidiaries
- Executive Contacts
- For Public Companies: Detailed Financial Summaries
Statistical Tables Provided: 6
Companies Profiled: 350
Geographic Focus: Global
Price: $379.99Key Questions Answered Include:
This feature-rich report covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the Restaurant, Hotel & Hospitality Industry.
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
Major Trends Affecting the Restaurant, Hotel & Hospitality Industry
1. Introduction to the Restaurant, Hotel & Hospitality Industry
2. The Coronavirus’ Effect on the Global Restaurant, Hotel & Hospitality Industry
3. McDonald’s and Other Fast Food Companies Reposition to Adapt to New Consumer Tastes and Robotics
4. Wages for Restaurant, Hotel and Hospitality Workers
5. Fast Food Faces Stiff Competition from Casual Dining Restaurants (Fast Casual/Fast Fine)
6. Food Trucks Enjoy a Boom
7. Craft/Microbreweries Proliferate
8. Grubhub, DoorDash and Others Deliver Restaurant Meals and Household Items to Customers’ Homes
9. Obesity Sparks Government, School and Corporate Initiatives/Snack Foods Get Healthier/Taxes on Unhealthy Foods
10. Retail Technologies Advance for Restaurant Online Ordering, along with Robotics and Automation
11. Cruise Industry Rebuilds After the Coronavirus
12. Small Cruise Ships Feature Adventure, Luxury, Intimacy or Access to More Places
13. River Cruise Lines Launched with Low Capital Investment and High Fares
14. Chinese Tourism Will Create Growth Opportunities for the Cruise and Hotel Industries
15. Ecotourism, Sustainable Tourism, Adventure Tourism and Volunteerism Grow as Certification Standards Emerge
16. Luxury Hotel Chains Expanded Globally
17. What Millennials and Mobile-Savvy Consumers Want as Tourists and Travelers
18. Hotels Target Young Customers with Strategies Ranging from Micro Rooms and Hostels, to Hip Hotels that Encourage Mingling to Fitness Options
19. Hotels Adopt Smartphones and In-Room Tablets to Deliver Services, Speed Check-In and Replace Room Keys
20. Sharing Economy Gains Market Share in Travel with Online Sites Like Airbnb, Vrbo and Many Global Competitors
21. Online Travel Agencies (OTAs)/Hotels Fight to Keep Control of the Customer
22. Hotel Mergers Enable Chains to Claim Market Share, Add Unique Properties
23. Localization will Drive Hotel Features, Marketing
24. Dog-Friendly Hotels Gain Market Share
25. The Future of the Restaurant, Hotel & Hospitality Industry Restaurant, Hotel & Hospitality Industry Statistics
1. Restaurant, Hotel & Hospitality Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
2. Estimated U.S. Food Services and Drinking Places Sector Revenues by NAICS Code: 2014-2021
3. Estimated U.S. Accommodation Sector Quarterly Revenues: 2019-4th Quarter 2021
4. Consumer Food Price Indexes, Food Away from Home & Food at Home, U.S.: 1997-2020
5. Restaurant and Hospitality Industry Employment by Business Type, U.S.: 2017-2022
6. Food Preparation and Serving Related Employment and Wage Estimates by Occupation, U.S.: May 2020