PLUNKETT'S RESTAURANT, HOTEL & HOSPITALITY INDUSTRY ALMANAC 2019
- Plunkett Research lists top 350 companies in restaurant, hotel & hospitality and names top trends changing the industry for the mid term.
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Buyer may register for free access to search and export data at Plunkett Research Online
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 9
Companies Profiled: 346
Geographic Focus: Global
A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms. You will gain vital insights that can help you shape your own strategy for business development, product development and investments.
Major Trends Affecting the Restaurant, Hotel & Hospitality Industry
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
1. Introduction to the Restaurant, Hotel & Hospitality Industry
2. McDonald’s Repositions to Adapt to New Consumer Tastes
3. Wages for Restaurant, Hotel and Hospitality Workers Rise
4. Fast Food Faces Stiff Competition from Casual Dining Restaurants (Fast Casual/Fast Fine)
5. Food Trucks Serve Busy Urban Diners, Introduce New Chefs
6. Grubhub, DoorDash and Others Deliver Restaurant Meals to Customers’ Homes and Offices
7. Obesity Sparks Government, School and Corporate Initiatives/Snack Foods Get Healthier/Taxes on Unhealthy Foods
8. Retail Technologies Advance for Restaurant Digital Orders, along with Robotics and Automation
9. Cruise Industry Market Is Strong while Capacity Soars with New Ships
10. Small Cruise Ships Offer Adventure, Luxury, Intimacy or Access to More Places
11. River Cruise Lines Are Launched, with Low Capital Investment and High Fares
12. Chinese Tourism Creates Growth Opportunities for the Cruise and Hotel Industries
13. Ecotourism, Sustainable Tourism, Adventure Tourism and Volunteerism Grow as Certification Standards Emerge
14. Hotel Occupancy, Profits and New Construction Grow
15. Luxury Hotel Chains Expand Globally
16. What Millennials and Mobile-Savvy Consumers Want as Tourists and Travelers
17. Hotels Target Young Customers with Strategies Ranging from Micro Rooms and Hostels, to Hip Hotels that Encourage Mingling to Fitness Options
18. Hotels Adopt Smartphones and In-Room Tablets to Deliver Services, Speed Check-In and Replace Room Keys
19. Sharing Economy Gains Market Share in Travel with Online Sites Like Airbnb, HomeAway and Many Global Competitors
20. Online Travel Agencies (OTAs) Continue Strong Growth in Bookings/Hotels Fight to Keep Control of the Customer
21. Hotel Mergers Enable Chains to Claim Market Share, Add Unique Properties
22. Localization will Drive Hotel Features, Marketing
23. Dog-Friendly Hotels Gain Market Share
24. The Future of the Restaurant, Hotel & Hospitality IndustryRestaurant, Hotel & Hospitality Industry Statistics
1. Restaurant, Hotel & Hospitality Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
2. Estimated U.S. Food Services and Drinking Places Sector Revenues by NAICS Code: 2011-2018
3. Estimated U.S. Accommodation Sector Quarterly Revenues: 2015-3rd Quarter 2018
4. Quarterly Growth in Real Tourism Spending & Real GDP, U.S.: 2000-2017
5. Top 20 Countries Ranked by International Tourism, Number of Arrivals: 2010-2017
6. Changes in Food Price Indexes, U.S.: 2017-2019
7. Consumer Food Price Indexes, Food Away from Home & Food at Home, U.S.: 2013-2022
8. Restaurant and Hospitality Industry Employment by Business Type, U.S.: 2014-2019
9. Food Preparation and Serving Related Employment and Wage Estimates by Occupation, U.S.: May 2018