Plunkett's Renewable, Alt. & Hydro. Energy Industry Almanac 2018: Renewable Energy (Including Solar, Wind and Wave Power) Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Plunkett Research lists top 300 companies in Renewable, Alternative & Hydrogen Energy and names top trends changing the industry for the mid term.
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Buyer may register for free access to search and export data at Plunkett Research Online
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 32
Companies Profiled: 280
Geographic Focus: Global
A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms. You will gain vital insights that can help you shape your own strategy for business development, product development and investments.
Contents, Statistics, Forecasts and Analysis Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
Major Trends Affecting the Renewable, Alternative & HydrogenEnergy Industry
2) Small-Scale Solar Panel Installations Soar Through Subsidies, While Solar Cell Costs Plummet
3) Photovoltaic Technologies, Thin-Film Solar and Solar Panel Efficiency
4) Utility-Scale Solar Plants, Including Concentrating Solar Power (CSP), Are Operating, But Costs Are Massive
5) Wind Power
6) Hydroelectric Power
7) Geothermal Power
8) Biomass, Waste-to-Energy, Waste Methane and Biofuels from Algae
9) Ethanol Production Soared, But U.S. Federal Subsidy Expires
10) Cellulosic Ethanol Makes Slow Commercial Progress
11) Tidal Power
12) Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Power Research Continue/Fuel Cell Cars Enter Market
13) Electric Cars and Plug-in Hybrids (PHEVs) Enter the Market in Low Numbers
14) Major Research and Advancements in Lithium Batteries/Tesla and Panasonic Open the Gigafactory
15) Natural Gas Powered Vehicles Gain in Popularity/Long Term Potential Is Bright Thanks to Low Shale Gas Prices
16) Homes and Commercial Buildings Seek Green Certification
17) Smart Electric Grid Technologies Are Adopted
18) The Energy Industry Invests in Storage Battery Technologies with an Eye on Distributed Power and Renewables
19) Nuclear Energy Moves Ahead in India, China and the Middle East
20) Nanotechnology Sees Applications in Fuel Cells and Solar Power/Micro Fuel Cells to Power Mobile Devices
21) New Display Technologies with PLEDs
22) Electric Utilities Adopt Coal Emissions Scrubbers While the Industry Tests Carbon Capture and Clean Coal Technologies
23) Superconductivity Provides Advanced Electricity Distribution Technology
24) Lower Energy Intensity Is a Prime Focus in China/U.S. Achieves Dramatic Energy Intensity Reductions
Renewable, Alternative & Hydrogen Energy Industry Statistics
1) Global Alternative Energy Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
2) U.S. Alternative Energy Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
3) Approximate Energy Unit Conversion Factors
4) Average Heat Content of Selected Biomass Fuels
5) Biomass Energy Resource Hierarchy
6) Comparison of Alternative Fuels with Gasoline & Diesel
7) World Total Primary Energy Consumption by Region: 2012-2050
8) World Consumption of Hydroelectricity & Other Renewable Energy by Region: Projections, 2015-2050
9) Share of Electricity Generation by Energy Source, U.S.: Projections, 2016-2050
10) Energy Consumption by Source & Sector, U.S.: 2016
11) Primary Energy Flow by Source & Sector, U.S.: 2016
12) Net Electrical Power Generation by Fuel Type, U.S.: 2016
13) Net Electrical Power Generation by Fuel Type, U.S.: 1981-July 2017
14) Net Electrical Power Generation From Renewable Energy Sources, U.S.: 2000-July 2017
15) Total Renewable Electricity Net Generation by Source & State, U.S.: 2016
16) Net Electricity Generation from Conventional Hydropower by Sector & Region, U.S.: 2015-2016
17) U.S. Historical Hydroelectric Generation Compared to 20-Year Average for 1997-2016
18) Energy Production by Fossil Fuels & Nuclear Power, U.S.: Selected Years, 1950-2016
19) Energy Production by Renewable Energy, U.S.: Selected Years, 1950-2016
20) Renewable Energy Consumption by Source, U.S.: Selected Years, 1950-2016
21) U.S. Renewable Energy Consumption by Energy Source, 2010 vs. 2016
22) Renewable Energy Consumption in the Residential, Commercial & Industrial Sectors U.S.: 2010-2016
23) Renewable Energy Consumption in the Transportation & Electric Power Sectors, U.S.: 2010-2016
24) Fuel Ethanol Production & Consumption, U.S.: 1981- July 2017
25) Biodiesel Production & Consumption, U.S.: 2001- July 2017
26) The 15 Largest Nuclear Reactors in the U.S.
27) Top 10 Countries by Installed Wind Generating Capacity: 2016
28) Top 15 U.S. States by Installed Wind Generating Capacity: 3rd Quarter 2017
29) Net Electricity Generation from Wind by Region, All Sectors, U.S.: 2006-2016
30) U.S. Department of Energy Funding for Science & Energy Programs: 2016-2018
31) Federal R&D & R&D Plant Funding for Energy, U.S.: Fiscal Years 2015-2017
32) Estimated Levelized Cost of Electricity (LCOE) for New Electricity Generation by Energy Source