PLUNKETT'S NANOTECHNOLOGY & MEMS INDUSTRY TRENDS & STATISTICS 2015
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 10
Geographic Focus: Global
A condensed market research report excerpted from Plunkett’s Nanotechnology & MEMS Industry Almanac 2015, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and vital statistical tables. You will gain significant insights that can help you shape your own strategy for business development, product development and investments.
Contents, Statistics, Forecasts and Analysis Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
Major Trends Affecting the Nanotechnology & MEMS Industry
1) Introduction to Nanotechnology & MEMS
2) What is Nanotechnology?
3) A Brief History of Nanotechnology
4) Advances in Microscopes Enable Nanotechnology Research
5) Self-Assembly and Fabrication on the Atomic Level Enable Nanomanipulation
6) Innovations in Bucky Balls, Nanotubes, Single Wall Nanotubes (SWNTs) and Nanopores Make Commercial Production a Reality
7) Nanotechnology & MEMS Applications in Optics and Displays Lead to a Breakthrough in Wireless Device Screens
8) Silicon Chips with 7-Nanometer Density/Memristors/Nanotechnology to Create Powerful Semiconductors with Advantages Over Silicon
9) Nanotechnology Holds the Key to the Ultradense Digital Memory of the Future
10) Nanotechnology Sees Applications in Fuel Cells and Solar Power/Micro Fuel Cells to Power Mobile Devices
11) Graphene Ushers in a New Era in Nanotechnology/Delivers Flexibility and Conductivity
12) Advances in Applications Are Made in MEMS
13) Government and Private Nanotechnology Research Funding Is Substantial
14) Nanotechnology Safety and Ethics Are a Major Concern
15) High-Tech, Nanotech and Smart Fabrics Proliferate/Flyknit May Revolutionize Manufacture of Shoes Nanotechnology Has a Growing Role in Sports Equipment
16) Nanotechnology Converges with Biotech
17) Nanotechnology Makes Breakthroughs in Health Care
18) The “Internet of Things” and M2M: Wireless Sensors to Boom, Aided by Nanotechnology
19) Nanochemicals Deliver Advanced Coatings and Specialty Chemicals
20) HPTP Thermoplastics, Thermoset and Engineered Plastics Enable Advanced Products/Nanocomposites Offer the Ultimate in Advanced Materials Nanotechnology & MEMS Industry Statistics
1) Nanotechnology & MEMS Industry Overview 2015
2) U.S. National Nanotechnology Initiative (NNI) Budget: Fiscal Years 2014-2016
3) U.S. National Nanotechnology Initiative (NNI) Investments by Agency: Fiscal Years 2001-2016
4) U.S. National Nanotechnology Initiative (NNI) Budget History: Fiscal Years 2006-2014
5) U.S. National Nanotechnology Initiative (NNI) Actual Agency Investments by Program Component Area: 2014
6) U.S. National Nanotechnology Initiative (NNI) Estimated Agency Investments by Program Component Area: 2015
7) U.S. National Nanotechnology Initiative (NNI) Proposed Agency Investments by Program Component Area: 2016
8) U.S. National Science Foundation (NSF) Funding for National Nanotechnology Initiative (NNI), by Field of Science & Program Component Area: Fiscal Years 2014-2016
9) U.S. National Nanotechnology Initiative (NNI) Centers, Networks & User Facilities
10) Total U.S. Nanotechnology Patents Granted per Year: 1993-2014