PLUNKETT’S INVESTMENT & SECURITIES INDUSTRY ALMANAC 2018
- Plunkett Research lists top 350 companies in Investment & Securities and names top trends changing the industry for the mid term.
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Buyer may register for free access to search and export data at Plunkett Research Online
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 16
Companies Profiled: 359
Geographic Focus: Global
A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms. You will gain vital insights that can help you shape your own strategy for business development, product development and investments.
Contents, Statistics, Forecasts and Analysis Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
Major Trends Affecting the Investment & Securities Industry
1) Investment & Securities Industry Overview
2) Basel III, Dodd-Frank Act and Volcker Act Increase Regulation/European Solvency II and MiFID 2 Take Effect
3) Shadow Banking Soars with Non-Bank Alternatives, Online or Peer-to-Peer Lending and Crowdfunding
4) Investment Market Evolves in China
5) Aging Populations, Baby Boomers Create Opportunities/U.S. Pension Accounts Top $26.6 Trillion
6) Employers Make 401(k) Enrollment Automatic/Broad Changes Are Suggested for Retirement Savings Plans
7) Investment Firms and Banks Compete for Clients in High Net Worth Households
8) ETFs Expand and Take Market Share from Mutual Funds/Mutual Fund Managers Are Forced to Change 15
9) Online Brokers Open Physical Offices/Online Trading Is Free for Large Depositors
10) Hedge Funds Regroup and Play a Major Role in Financial Products Including Derivatives, Lending and Insurance
11) Annuity Account Managers Create New Product Strategies
12) Credit Default Swaps (CDS) and Derivatives Soar into the Trillions of Dollars
13) Stock Exchanges Merge/High Speed Technologies Force Massive Changes
14) Financial Technology (FinTech) Enables Online Payments, Lending, Insurance and Online “Robo Advisors”
15) Artificial Intelligence Powers New Hedge Fund Strategies
16) Digital Currency, Bitcoin and Blockchain Technologies Advance
17) Investment Product Facts Investment & Securities Industry Statistics
1) Investment & Securities Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
2) Stock Market Performance Indices, U.S.: 1985-2017
3) Stock Market Average Daily Trading Volume, U.S.: 2008-2017
4) Common Stock Prices & Yields, U.S.: 1985-2017
5) Sales, Profits & Stockholders' Equity, All Manufacturing Corporations, U.S.: 1985-Q2 2017
6) Components of U.S. Money Stock Measures: 1980-2017
7) Treasury Securities Outstanding by Kind of Obligation, U.S.: 1985-2016
8) Estimated Ownership of U.S. Treasury Securities: 2008-2016
9) Public Debt Securities Held by Private Investors, U.S.: 1985- March 2017
10) Average Interest Rates of 3-Month & 10-Year U.S. Treasuries: 1985-2017
11) Retirement Benefits in the U.S.: Access, Participation and Take-Up Rates, March 2017
12) Employment in the Investment & Securities Industry, U.S.: 2011-September 2017
13) Securities, Commodity Contracts & Other Financial Investment Activities,
14) Estimated Revenue for Employer Firms, U.S.: 2011-2017
15) Securities, Commodity Contracts & Other Financial Investment Activities,
16) Estimated Sources of Revenue for Employer Firms, U.S.: 2014-2016