PLUNKETT'S INSURANCE INDUSTRY ALMANAC 2022
- Plunkett Research analyzes the major trends and technologies in the global Insurance and Risk Management sectors. In addition, Plunkett profiles hundreds of the industry’s top firms.
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 14
Companies Profiled: 357
Geographic Focus: Global
A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms. You will gain vital insights that can help you shape your own strategy for business development, product development and investments.
Contents, Statistics, Forecasts and Analysis Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
Major Trends Affecting the Insurance Industry
1. Introduction to the Insurance Industry
2. The Coronavirus’ Effect on the Insurance Industry
3. Sophisticated Risk Management and Prevention Programs Lead to Lower Losses
4. Risk Managers Seek Certification
5. Independent Agencies Continue to Dominate Commercial Insurance, but Play a Lesser Role in Personal Lines
6. Insurance Direct Selling and E-Commerce Grow
7. Insurance Underwriting Uses Artificial Intelligence (AI)/Policy Holders Allow Their Habits to Be Tracked for Lower Insurance Rates
8. Artificial Intelligence (AI) Enables Life Insurance Underwriting
9. States Pick Up Some Wind and Flood Risk for Homeowners/Underwriters Rely on Sophisticated Risk Analysis Technology to Set Rates
10. No End in Sight to the Growth of Specialized Insurance Lines
11. Health Sharing Ministries Attract Millions of Members
12. Annuity Account Managers Create New Product Strategies/Fiduciary Rule Changes Help Annuity Sales Soar
13. Major U.S., Japanese and European Insurance Firms See Vast Promise in Chinese, Southeast Asian and Emerging Markets
14. Continued Rise in Health Care Costs
15. Number of Uninsured Americans Declines But Remains High
16. U.S. Affordable Care Act (ACA) of 2010 Rewrote the Rules and Increased Coverage, But Costs Continue to Rise
17. Employers Fight Rapidly Growing Health Care Premiums/Require Employees to Pay a Significant Share of Costs
18. Insurance Companies Change Strategies Due to Affordable Care Act (ACA) and Rapidly Rising Costs of Care
19. Malpractice Suits Are Blamed for Rising Health Care Costs/Tort Reform Is Capping Awards for Damages
20. Hedge Funds and Private Equity Play a Major Role in Financial Products Including Derivatives, Lending and Insurance
21. Aging Populations, Baby Boomers Create Opportunities/U.S. Pension Accounts Top $37.2 Trillion
22. Basel III, Dodd-Frank Act and Volcker Act Increase Regulation/European Solvency II and MiFID 2 Take Effect
23. Financial Technology (FinTech) Enables Online Lending, Insurance and Robo Advisors
24. Drones Save Time and Money in Safety Inspections and Insurance Adjusting
25. Gig Economy and Self-Driving Cars Pose Insurance Challenges and Underwriting Opportunities
26. The Future of the Insurance Industry and Risk ManagementInsurance Industry Statistics
1. Insurance Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
2. Assets & Liabilities of U.S. Property-Casualty Insurance Companies: 2018-2nd Quarter 2021
3. Assets & Liabilities of U.S. Life Insurance Companies: 2018-2nd Quarter 2021
4. Typical U.S. Automobile Insurance Costs, per Year: 2020
5. Employers' Costs for Total Compensation and Health Insurance, by Selected Characteristics, U.S.: Selected Years, 2017-2021
6. The Nation's Health Dollar: 2020 Where It Came From (Estimated)
7. The Nation’s Health Dollar: 2020 Where It Went (Estimated)
8. Number & Percent of Persons of All Ages with and without Health Insurance Coverage, U.S.: 2001-2020
9. Number & Percent of Persons without Health Insurance Coverage, by Age Group, U.S.: 1999-2020
10. Medical Care Benefits in the U.S.: Access, Participation and Take-Up Rates, March 2021
11. Retirement Benefits in the U.S.: Access, Participation and Take-Up Rates, March 2021
12. Employment in the Insurance Industry, U.S.: 2015-July 2021