PLUNKETT'S INSURANCE INDUSTRY ALMANAC 2017
- Plunkett Research lists top 350 companies in Insurance and names top trends changing the industry for the mid term.
- In America alone, the insurance business employed about 2.6 million people in 2016.
- As of the end of 2015, Plunkett Research estimated that broadband connections at homes and businesses in the U.S. totaled more than 352.4 million (including mobile, residential and office subscriptions).
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Buyer may register for access to search and export data at Plunkett Research Online
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 14
Companies Profiled: 357
Geographic Focus: Global
A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms. You will gain vital insights that can help you shape your own strategy for business development, product development and investments.
Contents, Statistics, Forecasts and Analysis Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
Major Trends Affecting the Insurance Industry
1) Introduction to the Insurance Industry
2) Aging Populations Create Challenges and Opportunities for the Insurance Industry
3) Sophisticated Risk Management and Prevention Programs Lead to Lower Losses
4) Risk Managers Seek Certification
5) Independent Agencies Continue to Dominate Commercial Insurance, but Play a Lesser Role in Personal Lines/Life Insurance Sales Fall in the U.S.
6) Insurance Direct Selling and E-Commerce Grow
7) Technology Drives Insurance Efficiencies/Policy Holders Allow Their Habits to Be Tracked for Lower Insurance Rates
8) States Pick Up Some Wind and Flood Risk for Homeowners/Underwriters Rely on Sophisticated Risk Analysis Technology to Set Rates
9) No End in Sight to the Growth of Specialized Insurance Lines
10) Annuity Account Managers Create New Product Strategies
11) Major U.S., Japanese and European Insurance Firms See Vast Promise in the Chinese, Southeast Asian Market and Emerging Markets
12) Continued Rise in Health Care Costs
13) Number of Uninsured Americans Declines But Remains High
14) U.S. Affordable Care Act (ACA) of 2010 Rewrote the Rules and Increased Coverage, But Costs Continue to Rise
15) Employers Fight Rapidly Growing Health Care Premiums/Require Employees to Pay a Significant Share of Costs
16) Insurance Companies Change Strategies Due to Affordable Care Act (ACA) and Rapidly Rising Costs of Care
17) Malpractice Suits Are Blamed for Rising Health Care Costs/Tort Reform Is Capping Awards for Damages
18) Hedge Funds Regroup and Play a Major Role in Financial Products Including Derivatives, Lending and Insurance
19) Credit Default Swaps (CDS) and Derivatives Soar into the Trillions of Dollars
20) Aging Populations, Baby Boomers Create Opportunities/U.S. Pension Accounts Top $24.5 Trillion
21) Basel III, Dodd-Frank Act and Volcker Act Increase Regulation/European Solvency II Takes Effect Insurance Industry Statistics
1) Insurance Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
2) Assets & Liabilities of U.S. Property-Casualty Insurance Companies: 2010-1st Quarter 2016
3) Assets & Liabilities of U.S. Life Insurance Companies: 2010-1st Quarter 2016
4) Typical U.S. Automobile Insurance Costs, per Year: 2016
5) Employers' Costs for Health Insurance, Amount & Percent of Total Compensation, U.S.: Selected Years, 2010-2015
6) The Nation's Health Dollar: 2016 Where It Came From (Estimated)
7) Number & Percent of Persons of All Ages with and without Health Insurance Coverage, U.S.: 1999-2015
8) Number & Percent of Persons without Health Insurance Coverage, by Age Group, U.S.: 1999-2015
9) Affordable Care Act Overview
10) Medical Care Benefits in the U.S.: Access, Participation and Take-Up Rates, March 2016
11) Retirement Benefits in the U.S.: Access, Participation and Take-Up Rates, March 2016
12) Life Expectancy at Age 65, U.S.
13) Employment in the Insurance Industry, U.S.: 2010-July 2016
14) Employment & Earnings in Insurance Industry Occupations, U.S.: May 2015