PLUNKETT'S GAMES, APPS & SOCIAL MEDIA INDUSTRY ALMANAC 2021
- Plunkett Research analyzes the major trends and technologies in the global electronic games, mobile apps and social media sectors. In addition, Plunkett profiles hundreds of the industry’s top firms.
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 17
Companies Profiled: 190
Geographic Focus: GlobalA complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms. You will gain vital insights that can help you shape your own strategy for business development, product development and investments.
Contents, Statistics, Forecasts and Analysis Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
Major Trends Affecting the Games, Apps & Social Media Industry
1. Introduction to the Games, Apps and Social Media Industry
2. The Coronavirus’ Effect on the Games, Apps & Social Media Industry
3. Overview of the Electronic Games Industry
4. Overview of the Mobile Apps Industry
5. Overview of the Social Media Industry
6. Social Media Generates Billions of Dollars in Global Online and Mobile Ad Revenues
7. TVs Are Internet Ready/Game Consoles and Set Top Accessories like Roku and Chromecast Stream Content
8. New Video Game Console Technologies and Features Boost Sales
9. Online Games Compete with Consoles
10. Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality and 3-D Technologies Create Opportunities for the Tech Industry/Immersion Games to Grow
11. Fantasy Sports Post Growth, with 60 Million Players
12. eSports: Electronic Games Become Spectator Sports
13. Virtual Worlds Provide Revenue for Games Publishers
14. Global Mobile Apps Revenues Hit $85.5 Billion Yearly
15. Embedded LTE Wi-Fi and Onboard Apps Incorporated by Auto Makers in New Car Infotainment Systems
16. Gamification: Games Technology Boosts Education and Training
17. Sports Equipment and Social Media Converge
18. Digital Assistants Include Amazon’s Echo and Google’s Home/Alexa and Similar Software Power Third-Party Developers
19. The Future of Games, Apps & Social MediaGames, Apps & Social Media Industry Statistics
1. Games, Apps & Social Media Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
2. Internet Usage Demographics, U.S.: 2019
3. Use of Different Online Platforms: 2019
4. Social Media Usage Demographics, U.S.: 2019
5. Home Broadband Adoption Demographics, U.S.: 2019
6. Smartphone Adoption Demographics, U.S.: 2019
7. Number of Business & Residential High Speed Internet Lines, U.S.: 2014-2019
8. Quarterly Software Publishing Industry Revenues, U.S.: 1st Quarter 2019-4th Quarter 2019
9. Software Publishing Industry, U.S.: Estimated Revenue, Inventories & Expenses: 2014-2019
10. Software Publishing Industry, U.S.: Estimated Selected Expenses: 2014-2019
11. Wireless Telecommunications Carriers (except Satellite): Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2016-2019
12. Internet Publishing & Broadcasting & Web Search Portals: Estimated Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2014-2019
13. Estimated U.S. Information & Entertainment Sector Revenues by NAICS Code: 2014-2019
14. Internet Access Technologies Compared