PLUNKETT'S GAMES, APPS & SOCIAL MEDIA INDUSTRY ALMANAC 2019
- Plunkett Research analyzes the major trends and technologies in the global electronic games, mobile apps and social media sectors. In addition, Plunkett profiles hundreds of the industry’s top firms.
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Buyer may register for free access to search and export data at Plunkett Research Online
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 17
Companies Profiled: 190
Geographic Focus: GlobalA complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms. You will gain vital insights that can help you shape your own strategy for business development, product development and investments.
Contents, Statistics, Forecasts and Analysis Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
Major Trends Affecting the Games, Apps & Social Media Industry
1) Introduction to the Games, Apps and Social Media Industry
2) Overview of the Electronic Games Industry
3) Overview of the Mobile Apps Industry
4) Overview of the Social Media Industry
5) Social Media Generates $36 Billion in Global Online and Mobile Ad Revenues
6) TVs Are Internet Ready/Game Consoles and Set Top Accessories like Roku and Chromecast Stream Content
7) New Video Game Console Technologies and Features Boost Sales
8) Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality and 3-D Games Create Opportunities for the Tech Industry/Immersion Games to Grow
9) Fantasy Sports Post Growth, with 59.3 Million Players
10) eSports: Electronic Games Become Spectator Sports
11) Virtual Worlds Provide Revenue for Games Publishers
12) Global Mobile Apps Revenues Hit $58.6 Billion Yearly in 2017
13) Revenues Are Strong for MMORPGs, Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games
14) Embedded LTE Wi-Fi and Onboard Apps Incorporated by Auto Makers in New Car Infotainment Systems
15) Gamification: Games Technology Boosts Education and Training
16) Sports Equipment and Social Media Converge
17) Digital Assistants Include Amazon’s Echo and Google’s Home/Alexa and Similar Software Power Third-Party Developers
18) The Future of Games, Apps & Social MediaGames, Apps & Social Media Industry Statistics
1) Games, Apps & Social Media Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
2) Internet Usage Demographics, U.S.: 2018
3) Top 10 Social Networking Websites: May 2015
4) Social Media Usage Demographics, U.S.: January 2018
5) Top 5 Search Engines, U.S.: May 2015
6) Home Broadband Adoption Demographics, U.S.: January 2018
7) Smartphone Adoption Demographics, U.S.: January 2018
8) Number of Business & Residential High Speed Internet Lines, U.S.: 2011-2017
9) Quarterly Software Publishing Industry Revenues, U.S.: 4th Quarter 2017-1st Quarter 2018
10) Software Publishing Industry, U.S.: Estimated Revenue, Inventories & Expenses: 2013-2017
11) Software Publishing Industry, U.S.: Estimated Operating Expenses: 2013-2016
12) Wireless Telecommunications Carriers (except Satellite): Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2014-2017
13) Internet Publishing & Broadcasting & Web Search Portals: Estimated Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2012-2017
14) Estimated U.S. Information & Entertainment Sector Revenues by NAICS Code: 2012-2017
15) Internet Access Technologies Compared