PLUNKETT'S FOOD INDUSTRY ALMANAC 2022
- Plunkett Research lists top 500 companies in Food and names top trends changing the industry for the mid term.
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 30
Companies Profiled: 519
Geographic Focus: GlobalA complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms. You will gain vital insights that can help you shape your own strategy for business development, product development and investments.
Contents, Statistics, Forecasts and Analysis Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
Major Trends and Technologies Affecting the Food & Beverage Industry
1. Introduction to the Food & Beverage Industry
2. The Coronavirus’ Effect on the Food & Beverage Industry
3. The State of the Food Industry Today
4. Genetically Modified (GM) Seeds and Crops Planted in Dozens of Nations/Agribio R&D Investment Is High
5. Genetically Modified (GM) Foods Prompt Controversy, Labeling and Legislation
6. Plant-Based Meat Substitutes Developed/3-D Printed Food Appears
7. Selective Breeding, Mutagenesis and Gene-Editing, Including CRISPR, as Alternatives to GM Seeds
8. Obesity Sparks Government, School and Corporate Initiatives/Snack Foods Get Healthier/Taxes on Unhealthy Foods
9. Organic Food Sales Continue Global Growth/Locally Sourced Foods and Farm to Table Increase in Popularity
10. McDonald’s and Other Fast Food Companies Reposition to Adapt to New Consumer Tastes and Robotics
11. Demand for Home Grocery Delivery Service Such as Instacart and Amazon Fresh Soars
12. Grubhub, DoorDash and Others Deliver Restaurant Meals and Household Items to Customers’ Homes
13. Precision Agriculture Technologies (AgTech), Farm Robotics, GPS and Irrigation Market Grows Worldwide/Hi Tech Greenhouses
14. Drones Provide New Tools for Precision Agriculture
15. Aquaculture Gains Major Fish Supply Market Share
16. Packaging Technology Improves/Walmart and Coca-Cola Boost Packaging Sustainability
17. Retail Technologies Advance for Restaurant Online Ordering, along with Robotics and Automation
18. RFID Drives Inventory Management Evolution
19. Walmart Still Dominates the Retail Industry, but Invests in Web Presence to Battle Amazon
20. Private Label Brands Grow in Share of Total Store Sales
21. Consumers Drive a Revolution in the Food Industry, Demanding Fresher, More Natural Foods, Creating both Pain and Opportunities
22. Food Recycling Efforts Underway
23. Wages Rise for Restaurant, Hotel and Hospitality Workers
24. Fast Food Faces Stiff Competition from Casual Dining Restaurants (Fast Casual/Fast Fine)
25. Food Trucks Enjoy a Boom
26. Meal Kits from Firms like Blue Apron Make It Easy to Prepare Home-Cooked Meals
27. The Future of the Food Industry, Agriculture, Food Demand, Supermarkets and Online Food RetailingFood & Beverage Industry Statistics
1. U.S. Food Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
2. Global Food Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
3. Food Sales, U.S.: 2018-October 2021
4. Income Statement for U.S. Farm Sector: 2017-2021
5. Federal R&D & R&D Plant Funding for Agriculture, U.S.: Fiscal Years 2019-2021
6. Value Added to the U.S. Economy by the Agricultural Sector via the Production of Goods and Services: 2016-2021
7. Summary of U.S. Agricultural Trade Projections: Fiscal Years 2019-2030
8. Total U.S. Agricultural Commodity Exports & Imports, Top Ten Countries: 2016-February 2021
9. Food Industry Employment, U.S.: 2017-January 2022
10. Food Preparation and Serving Related Employment and Wage Estimates by Occupation, U.S.: May 2020
11. World Supply & Utilization of Major Crops: 2019-2022
12. World Supply & Utilization of Major Animal Products: 2017-Apr 2021