PLUNKETT'S ENTERTAINMENT & MEDIA INDUSTRY ALMANAC 2020
- Plunkett Research lists top 500 companies in Entertainment & Media Industry and names top trends changing the industry for the mid term.
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 17
Companies Profiled: 408
Geographic Focus: Global
A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms. You will gain vital insights that can help you shape your own strategy for business development, product development and investments.
Contents, Statistics, Forecasts and Analysis Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
Major Trends Affecting the Entertainment, Movie, Publishing & Media Industry
1. Introduction to the Entertainment, Movie, Publishing & Media Industry
2. TVs are Internet Ready/Game Consoles and Set Top Accessories Like Roku and Chromecast Stream Content
3. Online Games Compete with Consoles
4. DVR Market Evolves/Time-Shifting Hurts Advertisers
5. Apple’s iTunes Set the Standard in Digital Music Downloads, but Digital Sales Slow
6. Pandora and Spotify Lead in Streaming Music Via Internet Radio but Face Challenge from Apple Music/SiriusXM Tops 34.9 Million Subscribers
7. New Video Game Console Technologies and Features Boost Sales
8. Cable and Satellite TV Struggle with Cord-Cutting/Cheaper Streaming Options Proliferate, Including Netflix
9. Telecom Companies, Including AT&T and Verizon, Compete Fiercely Against Cable in the TV, Internet and Telephone Market
10. Television Ads Evolve to Face New Challenges, Formats and Online Competitors
11. Movie Attendance Is Strong/Film Companies Innovate with Enhanced Cinema Experiences
12. China and India Expand Film and TV Production Activity
13. Global Internet Market Tops 4.5 Billion Users/Ultrafast Broadband Expands, both Fixed and Wireless
14. Entertainment-Based Retailing, including Power Towns
15. Newspapers and Magazines Rely on Digital Editions and Apps
16. Virtual Worlds Provide Revenue for Games Publishers
17. Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality and 3-D Games Create Opportunities in the Tech Industry/Immersion Games to Grow
18. Global Mobile Apps Revenues Hit $92.1 Billion Yearly
19. Embedded LTE Wi-Fi and Onboard Apps Incorporated by Auto Makers in New Car Infotainment Systems
20. Global Media Giants Acquire both Content and Distribution
21. Digital Assistants Include Amazon’s Echo and Google’s Home/Alexa and Similar Software Power Third-Party Developers
22. Overview of the Electronic Games Industry
23. The Future of Entertainment, Media and Publishing: Disruption, Portability and Consumer ControlEntertainment, Movie, Publishing & Media Industry Statistics
1. Entertainment, Movie, Publishing & Media Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
2. Estimated U.S. Information & Entertainment Sector Revenues by NAICS Code: 2014-2019
3. Estimated U.S. Arts, Entertainment & Recreation Services Sector Revenues by NAICS Code: 2014-2019
4. Personal Consumption Expenditures for Recreation, U.S.: Selected Years, 2011-2018
5. Newspaper Publishers: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2014-2019
6. Periodical Publishers: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2014-2019
7. Book Publishers: Estimated Sources of Revenue, Inventories & Expenses, U.S.: 2014-2019
8. Motion Picture & Video Industries: Estimated Sources of Revenue, U.S.: 2014-2019
9. Sound Recording Industries: Estimated Sources of Revenue, U.S.: 2014-2019
10. Radio Networks & Radio Stations: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2014-2019
11. Television Broadcasting: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2014-2019
12. Cable & Other Subscription Programming: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2014-2019
13. Internet Publishing & Broadcasting & Web Search Portals: Estimated Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2014-2019
14. Number of Business & Residential High Speed Internet Lines, U.S.: 2014-2019
15. Estimated Export Revenue for Information Sector Firms, U.S.: 2014-2018
16. Employment & Earnings in Selected Entertainment & Media Occupations, U.S.: May 2018
17. Employment in Selected Information & Entertainment Industries, U.S.: 2014-October 2019