PLUNKETT'S ENTERTAINMENT & MEDIA INDUSTRY ALMANAC 2019
- Plunkett Research lists top 500 companies in Entertainment & Media Industry and names top trends changing the industry for the mid term. Key Features:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 17
Companies Profiled: 408
Geographic Focus: Global
A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms. You will gain vital insights that can help you shape your own strategy for business development, product development and investments.
Contents, Statistics, Forecasts and Analysis Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
Major Trends Affecting the Entertainment, Movie, Publishing & Media Industry
1. Introduction to the Entertainment, Movie, Publishing & Media Industry
2. TVs are Internet Ready/Game Consoles and Set Top Accessories Like Roku and Chromecast Stream Content
3. DVR Market Evolves/Time-Shifting Hurts Advertisers
4. Apple’s iTunes Set the Standard in the Music Industry, but Digital Sales Slow
5. Pandora and Spotify Lead in Streaming Music Via Internet Radio but Face Challenge from Apple Music/SiriusXM Tops 33 Million Subscribers
6. New Video Game Console Technologies and Features Boost Sales
7. Cable and Satellite TV Struggle with Cord-Cutting/Cheaper Streaming Options Proliferate, Including Netflix
8. Telecom Companies, Including AT&T and Verizon, Compete Fiercely Against Cable in the TV, Internet and Telephone Market
9. Television Ads Evolve to Face New Challenges, Formats and Online Competitors
10. Movie Attendance Rises/Film Companies Innovate with Digital Projection and Enhanced Cinema Experiences
11. China and India Expand Film and TV Production Activity
12. Global Internet Market Tops 4.2 Billion Users/Ultrafast Broadband Expands, both Fixed and Wireless
13. Entertainment-Based Retailing, including Power Towns
14. Newspapers and Magazines Rely on Digital Editions and Apps
15. Virtual Worlds Provide Revenue for Games Publishers
16. Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality and 3-D Games Create Opportunities for the Tech Industry/Immersion Games to Grow
17. Global Mobile Apps Revenues Hit $92.1 Billion Yearly
18. Embedded LTE Wi-Fi and Onboard Apps Incorporated by Auto Makers in New Car Infotainment Systems
19. Global Media Giants Acquire both Content and Distribution
20. Digital Assistants Include Amazon’s Echo and Google’s Home/Alexa and Similar Software Power Third-Party Developers
21. Overview of the Electronic Games Industry
22. The Future of Entertainment, Media and Publishing: Disruption, Portability and Consumer Control Entertainment, Movie, Publishing & Media Industry Statistics
1. Entertainment, Movie, Publishing & Media Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
2. Estimated U.S. Information & Entertainment Sector Revenues by NAICS Code: 2013-2018
3. Estimated U.S. Arts, Entertainment & Recreation Services Sector Revenues by NAICS Code: 2013-2018
4. Personal Consumption Expenditures for Recreation, U.S.: Selected Years, 2010-2017
5. Newspaper Publishers: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2013-2018
6. Periodical Publishers: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2013-2018
7. Book Publishers: Estimated Sources of Revenue, Inventories & Expenses, U.S.: 2013-2018
8. Motion Picture & Video Industries: Estimated Sources of Revenue, U.S.: 2013-2018
9. Sound Recording Industries: Estimated Sources of Revenue, U.S.: 2013-2018
10. Radio Networks & Radio Stations: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2013-2018
11. Television Broadcasting: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2013-2018
12. Cable & Other Subscription Programming: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2013-2018
13. Internet Publishing & Broadcasting & Web Search Portals: Estimated Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2013-2018
14. Number of Business & Residential High Speed Internet Lines, U.S.: 2013-2018
15. Estimated Export Revenue for Information Sector Firms, U.S.: 2013-2017
16. Employment & Earnings in Selected Entertainment & Media Occupations, U.S.: May 2017
17. Employment in Selected Information & Entertainment Industries, U.S.: 2013-October 2018