PLUNKETT'S ENGINEERING & RESEARCH INDUSTRY ALMANAC 2019
- Plunkett Research lists top 500 companies in Engineering & Research and names top trends changing the industry for the mid term.
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 26
Companies Profiled: 505
Geographic Focus: Global A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms. You will gain vital insights that can help you shape your own strategy for business development, product development and investments.
Contents, Statistics, Forecasts and Analysis Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
Major Trends Affecting the Engineering & Research Industry
1. Introduction to the Engineering & Research Industry
2. A Short History of U.S. Industrial Research & Development
3. R&D Expands in Chinese Research Parks/Patent Filings Soar
4. Outsourcing and Offshoring of Research, Development and Engineering Grow Along With Globalization
5. Original Design Manufacturing (ODM) Adds Value to Contract Electronics Manufacturing
6. The State of the Biotechnology Industry Today
7. From Korea to India to Singapore to China, Nations Compete Fiercely in Biotech Development
8. Globalization and Worldwide Collaboration Fuel the Research Efforts of Major Corporations
9. Number of Patent Applications Remains High/Patent Laws Change
10. 3D Printing (Additive Manufacturing), Rapid Prototyping and Computer Aided Design
11. Industrial Robots and Factory Automation Advance Through Artificial Intelligence (AI)
12. Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Power Research Continues/Fuel Cell Cars Enter Market
13. Electric Cars and Plug-in Hybrids (PHEVs) to See Massive New Investments by Auto Makers
14. Major Research and Advancements in Lithium Batteries/Tesla and Panasonic Operate the Gigafactory
15. The Future: Pervasive Computing and Complete Mobility Will Be Standard
16. Supercomputing Hits 143.5 Petaflops/IBM’s Watson Expands Commercial Applications for Big Data
17. Superconductivity Provides Advanced Electricity Distribution Technology
18. Private, Reusable Rockets Launch Commercial Satellites, Lowering Costs
19. Technology Discussion—Synthetic Biology
20. The Future of Transportation and Supply Chains: Massive Investments in Infrastructure, Mobility Services and Hyperloop
21. HPTP Thermoplastics, Thermoset and Engineered Plastics Enable Advanced Products/Nanocomposites Offer the Ultimate in Advanced Materials
22. Artificial Intelligence (AI), Deep Learning and Machine Learning Advance into Commercial Applications, Including Health Care and Robotics Engineering & Research Industry Statistics
1. Engineering & Research Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
2. Quarterly Engineering & Research Industry Revenues, U.S.: 4th Quarter 2017- 3rd Quarter 2018
3. Engineering & Scientific Research & Development Services: Estimated Sources of Revenue, U.S.: 2013-2017
4. Federal R&D Funding by Character of Work and Facilities and Equipment, U.S.: Fiscal Years 2018-2020
5. Federal R&D Budget & Distribution by Agency, U.S.: Fiscal Years 2018-2020
6. Federal R&D & R&D Plant Funding for National Defense, U.S.: Fiscal Years 2018-2020
7. Federal R&D & R&D Plant Funding for Health and Human Services, U.S.: Fiscal Years 2018-2020
8. Federal R&D & R&D Plant Funding for Space Flight, Research & Supporting Activities, U.S.: Fiscal Years 2018-2020
9. NASA Budget Appropriations & Projections: 2018-2024
10. Federal R&D & R&D Plant Funding for Basic Research, U.S.: Fiscal Years 2018-2020
11. Federal R&D & R&D Plant Funding for Agriculture, U.S.: Fiscal Years 2018-2020
12. Federal R&D & R&D Plant Funding for Transportation, U.S.: Fiscal Years 2018-2020
13. Federal R&D & R&D Plant Funding for Energy, U.S.: Fiscal Years 2018-2020
14. U.S. Department of Energy Funding for Science & Energy Programs: 2018-2020
15. U.S. National Nanotechnology Initiative (NNI) Budget: Fiscal Years 2017-2019
16. Research Funding for Biological Sciences, U.S. National Science Foundation: Fiscal Years 2018-2020
17. Research Funding for Engineering, U.S. National Science Foundation: Fiscal Years 2018-2020
18. Domestic U.S. Biopharmaceutical R&D & R&D Abroad, PhRMA Member Companies: 1980-2017
19. Top 30 U.S. Patent Recipient Organizations: 2017
20. The U.S. Drug Discovery & Approval Process
21. Employment in Engineering Occupations by Business Type, U.S.: 2015-March 2019
22. Employment in Life & Physical Science Occupations by Business Type, U.S.: May 2018