PLUNKETT'S ENERGY INDUSTRY ALMANAC 2020
- Plunkett Research analyzes the major trends and technologies in the global Energy & Utilities industries. In addition, Plunkett profiles hundreds of the industry’s top firms.
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 44
Companies Profiled: 500
Geographic Focus: Global
A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms. You will gain vital insights that can help you shape your own strategy for business development, product development and investments.
Contents, Statistics, Forecasts and Analysis Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
Major Trends Affecting the Energy & Utilities Industry
1. Energy & Utilities Industry Introduction
2. A Brief History of Oil, Natural Gas and Electricity Production
3. Smart Electric Grid Technologies Are Adopted
4. The Energy Industry Invests in Storage Battery Technologies with an Eye on Distributed Power and Renewables
5. Superconductivity Provides Advanced Electricity Distribution Technology
6. Global Shale Oil and Gas Resources Revolutionize the Energy Industry
7. Oil from Shale Makes America Rank with Top Oil Producers/E&P Companies Reduce Drilling and Seek Lower Costs
8. LNG Projects Boom, Including Floating Plants (FLNG)/America Boosts LNG Exports
9. Seismic Mapping Gains from Advanced Technologies
10. Offshore Wells Around the World Become More Efficient/Production Increases Significantly
11. Energy Demand Climbs in India and China/Nuclear, Hydro and Gas Projects Grow, but Coal Remains Dominant
12. Canada’s Oil Sands Production Reaches 4.6 Million Barrels per Day, but Operating Costs Are High
13. Some Electric Utilities Regulations Are Rolled Back While Utilities Invest in Gas-Fired Plants
14. Electric Utilities Adopt Coal Emissions Scrubbers While the Industry Tests Carbon Capture and Clean Coal Technologies
15. U.S. Coal Industry Faces Challenges, while Coal Use Grows Dramatically in India and China
16. Nuclear Energy Moves Ahead in India, China and the Middle East
17. Ethanol Production Soared, but U.S. Federal Subsidy Expires
18. Refineries Along with Chemicals and Plastics Plants Invest Heavily in U.S./Take Advantage of Shale Natural Gas
19. Petrochemicals Plants in the Middle East Expand but Face Challenges
20. Lower Energy Intensity Is a Prime Focus in China/U.S. Achieves Dramatic Energy Intensity Reductions
21. U.S. Exports Crude Oil to Global Markets in High VolumeEnergy & Utilities Industry StatisticsI. Overview of the Energy & Utilities Industry
1. Global Energy & Utilities Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview: 2017-2018
2. U.S. Energy & Utilities Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
3. U.S. Energy & Utilities Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview: Selected Years, 1990-2018
4. U.S. Energy Intensity: 2015-2050
5. Primary Energy Flow by Source & Sector, U.S.: 2018
6. Energy Consumption by Source & Sector, U.S.: 2018
7. Total U.S. Energy Consumption: 2017-2050
8. Energy Consumption & Expenditures Indicators, U.S.: Selected Years, 1975-2018
9. Energy Imports, U.S.: Selected Years, 1950-2018
10. Energy Exports, U.S.: Selected Years, 1950-2018
11. Total Energy Imports, Net Energy Imports & Petroleum Imports, U.S.: 1970-2018
12. Federal R&D & R&D Plant Funding for Energy, U.S.: Fiscal Years 2017-2019
13. U.S. Department of Energy Funding for Science & Energy Programs: 2018-2020
14. Approximate Energy Unit Conversion FactorsII. Electricity
1. Electricity Overview, U.S.: Selected Years, 1950-2018
2. Net Electrical Power Generation by Fuel Type, U.S.: 1981-June 2019
3. Net Electrical Power Generation by Fuel Type, U.S.: 2018
4. Net Electrical Power Generation From Renewable Energy Sources, U.S.: 2000-June 2019
5. Average Retail Prices of Electricity Sold by U.S. Electric Utilities: Selected Years, 1960-2018
6. Estimated Levelized Cost of Electricity (LCOE) for New Electricity Generation by Energy SourceIII. Fossil Fuels and Nuclear Energy
1. Energy Production by Fossil Fuels & Nuclear Power, U.S.: Selected Years, 1950-2018
2. Petroleum Overview, U.S.: Selected Years, 1950-2018
3. Crude Oil Production & Drilling Activity, U.S.: Selected Years, 1990-2018
4. Crude Oil Domestic First Purchase Prices, U.S.: Selected Years, 1960-2018
5. Petroleum Imports by Country of Origin, U.S.: Selected Years, 1980-2018
6. Refinery Capacity & Utilization in the U.S.: Selected Years, 2000-2018
7. Petroleum Consumption by the Transportation Sector, U.S.: Selected Years, 1950-2018
8. Retail On-Highway Diesel vs. Regular Gasoline Prices, U.S.: January 1995- September 2019
9. Top World Oil Reserves by Country: 2018
10. Top World Oil Producers: 2018
11. Top World Oil Consumers: 2018
12. Coal Overview, U.S.: Selected Years, 1950-2018
13. Natural Gas Overview, U.S.: Selected Years, 1950-2018
14. Natural Gas Prices Paid, by Sector, U.S.: Selected Years, 1970-2018
15. Annual U.S. Shale Gas Production: 2007-2017IV. Renewable Energy
1. Energy Production by Renewable Energy, U.S.: Selected Years, 1955-2018
2. Renewable Energy Consumption by Source, U.S.: Selected Years, 1960-2018
3. Renewable Energy Consumption in the Residential, Commercial & Industrial Sectors, U.S.: 2012-2018
4. Renewable Energy Consumption in the Transportation & Electric Power Sectors, U.S.: 2012-2018"