PLUNKETT'S EDUCATION, EDTECH & MOOCS INDUSTRY TRENDS & STATISTICS 2015
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
Statistical Tables Provided: 18
Geographic Focus: Global
A condensed market research report excerpted from Plunkett’s Education, EdTech & MOOCs Industry Almanac 2015, including forecasts and market estimates technologies analysis and vital statistical tables. You will gain significant insights that can help you shape your own strategy for business development, product development and investments.
Contents, Statistics, Forecasts and Analysis Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
Major Trends Affecting the Education, EdTech & MOOCs Industry
1) Introduction to the Education, EdTech & MOOCs Industry
2) Education in Emerging Nations Faces Unique Challenges
3) A Wide Range of Software to Enhance Learning and Improve Education’s Cost-Effectiveness Is Offered by Large Firms and Startups Alike
4) Adaptive Learning Adjusts School Pace to the Individual Student
5) New Companies Score Big Successes in Adult and Leisure Learning Online
6) Affordable Degrees are Served Up Online and in Hybrid (“Blended Education”) Models
7) Charter Schools Are Run by Education Management Companies as Nonprofits as Well as For-Profits
8) Technology and the Internet Enable Virtual Charter Schools, Ranging from Virtual Public Charter Schools to Virtual Universities
9) The Internet Enables the Flipped Classroom, Pioneered by Khan Academy Tutorials
10) MOOCs, Massive Open Online Courses: Startups Seek Elusive Profits
11) U.S. and UK Universities Serve Up Education to Foreigners, Aided by Technology/Private Schools Grow Rapidly Outside the U.S.
12) Gamification: Games Technology Boosts Education and Training
13) Corporate Training Is Outsourced to the Internet/Tuition Assistance for Employees Is Spent at Online Universities Education Industry Statistics
1) U.S. Education Overview
2) Global Education Overview
3) School Enrollment of the Population 3 Years Old and Over, by Level of School, U.S.: 1964-2013
4) U.S. Population Age 25 and Older, by Educational Attainment: 1940-2014
5) PreK-12th Grade Student Enrollment, By School Level & Race/Ethnicity, U.S.: Selected Years, 1995-2013
6) Number & Percent Distribution of Public Elementary & Secondary Students & Schools, By Traditional or Charter School Status & Selected Characteristics: 1999-2000 & 2012-2013
7) Number & Percent Distribution of All Children Ages 5-17 Who Were Homeschooled & Homeschooling Rate, By Selected Characteristics, U.S.: 2011-2012
8) Total & Current Expenditures Per Pupil in Public Elementary & Secondary Schools, U.S.: Selected Years, 1919-2012
9) Public & Private Direct Expenditures on All Education Institutions, as a Percent of GDP, By Country: Selected Years, 1995-2011
10) Average PISA Test Scores for Mathematics, Selected OECD & Non-OECD Countries: 2012
11) Average PISA Test Scores for Reading, Selected OECD & Non-OECD Countries: 2012
12) Average PISA Test Scores for Science, Selected OECD & Non-OECD Countries: 2012
13) Total Enrollment, Percent of Students Receiving Student Loans & Average Loan Amount at Public, Private Not-for-Profit & Private For-Profit 4-Year Colleges, U.S.: 2000-2013
14) Average Annual Costs for Full-Time Undergraduates at Degree-Granting Post-Secondary Institutions: 1963-2014
15) Percentage of College Undergraduates Receiving Student Loans, By Selected Student Characteristics: 1989–90, 1999-2000 & 2011–12
16) Average Cumulative Loan Amount for College Undergraduates Receiving Student Loans, By Selected Student Characteristics: 1989–90, 1999-2000 & 2011–12
17) Educational Services Industry Revenue, U.S.: 2009-2014
18) Employment in Education Occupations, U.S.: May 2014