PLUNKETT’S COMPUTERS, HARDWARE & SOFTWARE INDUSTRY ALMANAC 2019
- Plunkett Research lists top 500 companies in InfoTech and names top trends changing the industry for the mid term.
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 14
Companies Profiled: 482
Geographic Focus: Global
A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms. You will gain vital insights that can help you shape your own strategy for business development, product development and investments.
Contents, Statistics, Forecasts and Analysis Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
Major Trends Affecting the Computers, Hardware & Software Industry
1. Introduction to the Computers, Hardware and Software Industry
2. Hot Fields Within Computers, Hardware and Software Include Artificial Intelligence, Cybersecurity and the Internet of Things (IoT)
3. Supercomputing Hits 143.5 Petaflops/ IBM’s Watson Expands Commercial Applications for Big Data
4. Cloud Computing and Software as a Service (SaaS) Point the Way to the Future
5. Growth in Big Data Supported by Expansion of Cloud Computing and Predictive Analytics
6. Wi-Fi Enables Wireless Traffic Growth
7. Global Internet Market Tops 4.2 Billion Users/Ultrafast Broadband Expands, both Fixed and Wireless
8. Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH) Gains Traction
9. TVs Are Internet Ready/Game Consoles and Set Top Accessories like Roku and Chromecast Stream Content
10. Electronic Health Records (EHR) Digitize Patient Data at an Accelerating Pace
11. Many Industry Sectors Seek Consulting and Outsourcing Income, Competing with Pure Consultancies
12. Computer Chips with 7-Nanometer Density/Nanotechnology, FinFET, Memristors to Create Powerful Semiconductors
13. Breakthroughs Achieved in Quantum Computing
14. Voice and Face Recognition Changes the Wireless World, Enhanced Through Artificial Intelligence (AI)
15. Digital Assistants Include Amazon’s Echo and Google’s Home/Alexa and Similar Software Power Third-Party Developers
16. Wearable Sensors Track Exercise Data/Apparel and Shoe Manufacturers Adopt Technologies
17. The “Internet of Things” (IoT) and M2M to Boom, Enhanced by Artificial Intelligence (AI)
18. Artificial Intelligence (AI), Deep Learning and Machine Learning Advance into Commercial Applications, Including Health Care and Robotics
19. Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality and 3-D Games Create Opportunities for the Tech Industry/Immersion Games to Grow
20. Digital Currency, Bitcoin and Blockchain Technologies Advance
21. The Future: Pervasive Computing and Complete Mobility Will Be Standard Computers, Hardware & Software Industry Statistics
1. Computers, Hardware & Software Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
2. Internet Access Technologies Compared
3. U.S. InfoTech Industry Quarterly Revenue: 2017-2018
4. Software Publishing Industry, U.S.: Estimated Revenue, Inventories & Expenses: 2013-2018
5. Internet Publishing & Broadcasting & Web Search Portals: Estimated Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2013-2018
6. Estimated Quarterly U.S. Retail Sales, Total & E-Commerce: 1st Quarter 2009-3rd Quarter 2018
7. Top Ten Suppliers & Destinations of U.S. Computers & Electronic Products: 2012-3rd Quarter 2018
8. Value of Computers & Electronic Products Manufacturers' Shipments, Inventories &Orders by Industry, U.S.: 2010-October 2018
9. Exports, Imports & Trade Balance of Computers & Electronic Products, U.S.: 2012-3rd Quarter 2018
10. Exports & Imports of Telecommunications Equipment, U.S.: 2012-3rd Quarter 2018
11. Number of Business & Residential High Speed Internet Lines, U.S.: 2013-2018
12. Computer Industry Employment by Business Type, U.S.: 2013-November 2018
13. InfoTech Employment, U.S.: 2000-November 2018