PLUNKETT'S E-COMMERCE & INTERNET BUSINESS ALMANAC 2019
- Plunkett Research lists top 450 companies in E-Commerce & Internet and names top trends changing the industry for the mid term.
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 15
Companies Profiled: 441
Geographic Focus: Global
A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms. You will gain vital insights that can help you shape your own strategy for business development, product development and investments.
Contents, Statistics, Forecasts and Analysis Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
Major Trends Affecting the E-Commerce & Internet Business
1. Introduction to the E-Commerce & Internet Business
2. Bricks, Clicks and Catalogs Create Synergies While Online Sales Growth Surges
3. Amazon Continues to Boost its Market Share
4. Retailers Offer Expedited Delivery to Compete with Amazon
5. Package Delivery by Drone
6. Wi-Fi Enables Wireless Traffic Growth
7. Global Internet Market Tops 4.0 Billion Users/Ultrafast Broadband Expands, both Fixed and Wireless
8. Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH) Gains Traction
9. Cloud Computing and Software as a Service (SaaS) Point the Way to the Future
10. China is the World’s Largest E-commerce Market and Continues to Boom
11. India Is the New E-Commerce Battle Ground
12. Social Media Generates Billions of Dollars in Global Online and Mobile Ad Revenues
13. Overview of the Social Media Industry
14. Digital Advertising Soars, Has Larger Share of U.S. Advertising Market Than TV
15. Programmatic Ad Buying Dominates the Digital Media Market
16. Online Travel Agencies (OTAs) Continue Strong Growth in Bookings/Hotels Fight to Keep Control of the Customer
17. Apple’s iTunes Set the Standard in the Music Industry, but Digital Sales Slow
18. Pandora and Spotify Lead in Streaming Music Via Internet Radio but Face New Challenge from Apple Music/SiriusXM Tops 33 Million Subscribers
19. Overview of the Mobile Apps Industry
20. Cable and Satellite TV Struggle With Cord-Cutting/Cheaper Streaming Options Proliferate, Including Netflix
21. Quality of Care and Health Care Outcomes Data Are Available Online, Creating a New Level of Transparency
22. Online Banking Grows on Smartphones/The Internet and ATMs Replace Branches and Tellers
23. Insurance Direct Selling and E-Commerce Grow
24. The “Internet of Things (IoT)” and M2M to Boom, Enhanced by Artificial Intelligence (AI)
25. Manhattan’s FreshDirect Sets the Pace in Grocery Sales Over the Internet/Amazon Competes in Groceries
26. Designers and Manufacturers Bypass the Middleman with Direct-to-Consumer Online Business Models
27. Fashion Rental Grows Thanks to Online Apparel Pioneer Rent the Runway
28. Light-Weight Satellites and Project Loon Balloons Studied for Internet Access and Whole-Earth Imaging
29. “Sharing Economy” Gains Market Share in Travel with Online Sites Like Airbnb, HomeAway and Many Global Competitors
30. Digital Assistants Include Amazon’s Echo and Google’s Home/Alexa and Similar Software Power Third-Party Developers
31. Embedded LTE Wi-Fi and Onboard Apps Incorporated by Auto Makers in New Car Infotainment Systems
32. Subscription Fashion Services Grow, Including Stitch Fix
33. Amazon Becomes One of the World’s Leading Sellers of Apparel and ShoesE-Commerce & Internet Business Statistics
1. E-Commerce & Internet Business Statistics and Market Size Overview
2. Estimated Quarterly U.S. Retail Sales, Total & E-Commerce: 1st Quarter 2009-3rd Quarter 2018
3. E-Commerce Related Services Quarterly Revenue, U.S.: 2017-2018
4. U.S. Retail Trade Sales, Total & E-commerce: 2015-2018
5. Total & E-commerce Sales for Electronic Shopping & Mail-Order Houses, By Merchandise Line, U.S.: 2015-2018
6. Internet Publishing & Broadcasting & Web Search Portals: Estimated Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2013-2018
7. Internet Access Technologies Compared
8. Number of Business & Residential High Speed Internet Lines, U.S.: 2013-2018
9. Home Broadband Adoption Demographics, U.S.: January 2018
10. Smartphone Adoption Demographics, U.S.: January 2018
11. Internet Users by Demographic Group, U.S.: 2018
12. Amazon.com, Inc. Annual Sales & Income: 2012-2018
13. eBay Annual Statistics: 2012-2017
14. Employment in E-commerce & Internet-related Fields, U.S.: 1999-2018